Gary Moore.

I watched the highlight show, it looked OK. I suppose you'd need to be raised on it, because it's not something I can really get into, and that's true of most American sports.

Every time yanks complain about how "boring" football is, I wonder if they ever saw a baseball match. ;)

j/k

The handegg games I saw were pretty suspenseful. But those were all pretty close matches. Don't know if it's as good with a clearly dominating team given the many interruptions in the game-flow.

If there were more games on TV, I'd probably watch more regularly. But I usually can't be arsed to search for an US live stream at 4 o'clock in the morning.

And yet your national sports cause riots and higher cases of violence than any of ours. Hell, the Portuguese around here think it's ok to emulate the Europeans when shit goes bad.

To be honest I'm not sure of the statistics, either way.

I'm not especially interested in a go-nowhere back and forth. I won't say any is intrinsically better, I'm not just a huge fan of American sports.

I did, however, watch the highlights of this game, and it seemed decent entertainment, and I also watch baseball on occasion too.

Edit: It's just for me that football (or, indeed, soccer as you call it) is a far superior game. :)

I truly don't understand how people can derive enjoyment from watching other people play a game. I find my enjoyment diminished even when I am personally playing a game and it is not my turn.

I'll just drop this here. It's The Onion, so they're automatically right. There is no argument against it, no debate. The matter is closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
On topic, so sad to hear about Gary's passing.

On the side note, I support the Saints because it's my home team, but pro football never really appealed to me as much as college ball does. I didn't even watch the Super Bowl. I think I played Eve.

RIP guy from Uriah Heep...was he in the band in the early days when Rush opened for them the first time they went to England? Dunno, but "Demons and Wizards" is a great album.

I didn't watch a second of the Superbowl yesterday until today when I went on YouTube to hear what the "omg autotune" shit during halftime was all about.

To be Simon from American Idol...that was the worst singer I've ever heard. She has the vibrato of Messiah from Candlemass but sounds like a heroin riddled fat cartoon cat in heat.