GATES OF SLUMBER replace SPLIT HEAVEN at Ragnarokkr 2013

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Due to issues beyond control of the festival. Split Heaven is being replaced by midwest doom band Gates Of Slumber.

HOPEFULLY, this will be the last change in the line up. This will at least now add some variety with doom in the line up now since losing Hour of 13. Gates will play saturday in the slot that Split Heaven had.

cool addition, look forward to seeing them for the first time.

However, I dont think its gonna be band for people on the fence since theyve played here quite a bit in the past year and are playing at Days of the Doomed in June. But still an awesome addition.

I agree. It isnt hard to see them at all. It is a good addition and a good fit for a last minute fix.

Yep, this is definitely one to please the doom dogs in the crowd.
Sure, they do play a lot, but this lineup could get out a few extra people who may not have seen Gates too often.

Keep in mind, it's not about the draw of a band on their own, its about how they fit in the overall package. Hour of 13 drew a good amount of attention when initially booked. This booking may bring some of those people back if they havent gotten tix yet.

Furthermore, Gates are having a hell of a year having just released the amazing STORMCROW EP on Scion. They are also doing the SCION ROCK FEST this year with TESTAMENT, and a ton of other bands.

Gates fit this fest perfectly and fills a missing void.
I have a feeling though MANY are going to be MAJORLY pissed when they find out who Gates will possibly be playing against!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree it's not going to get many fence sitters; however, I think it'll make the people who wanted to see Ho13 happy.

You also have to look at the marketing impacts of such happenings.

Sure, while it sucks to ever have to have a band drop, it opens the door for a new announcement. Also, let's be honest. Who is more well known to the masses? Gates or Split Heaven? Split Heaven was the first band to be booked for the fest, and aside from one initial post, I never saw one person speak about them here on the forum or on Facebook.

Not a knock to Split Heaven, but for the overall health of the fest, TGOS are going to help greatly in my opinion.

You also have to look at the marketing impacts of such happenings.

Sure, while it sucks to ever have to have a band drop, it opens the door for a new announcement. Also, let's be honest. Who is more well known to the masses? Gates or Split Heaven? Split Heaven was the first band to be booked for the fest, and aside from one initial post, I never saw one person speak about them here on the forum or on Facebook.

Not a knock to Split Heaven, but for the overall health of the fest, TGOS are going to help greatly in my opinion.

I concur. I found Split Heaven to be decent, but I'm definitely more interested in Gates.

Just a side note..........
A few of us will be doing our best to kick in to help sponsor Gates appearance.

I am not going to go into any details regarding Split Heaven as it isn't my business.
All I feel I am at liberty in discussing is adding Gates is an additional expense for the fest.

Therefore, if anyone feels they would like to kick in anything to help sponsor their appearance, it would be greatly appreciated by the big man (No Bob, don't look at your gut, not talking about you....I mean ODIN!!!)