gavin harrison

Hell yeah, he's the kind of guy who drums so economically and effectively (so if you don't focus on drumming, you probably won't hear much of the badass drumming), no show-offs, but he's the master. I've always liked to check drummer videos (although I'm a guitarist) and I must say he is among the best I know, hell, maybe even THE best.
By the way, there is a series of interviews on YouTube where he talks about various stuff, both personal and general, definitely worth checking out. This guy knows his shit.

He really needs to leave Porcupine Tree and do something cooler. He's enormously talented, but I feel that talent is going to waste in a band that hasn't made a good album in many years

I don't like Incident so much, but apart from that, PT's albums have been great last 15 years or so. AND their EPs as well (doesn't happen so often).
Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing him playing in PT AND another band :)

Hell yeah, he's the kind of guy who drums so economically and effectively

i noticed that too when i first heard him, - reminded me a bit of Chad Wackerman who has a similar way of controlled playing, IMO (although both of them have a very unique style).
awesome drummer, for sure.