G'day Everybody!!!

progmetaldan

Nov 25, 2006
South Australia
www.myspace.com
I've actually been on here about a month now, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway...

My name is Dan, and I live in Adelaide, South Australia. I love Neo-classical, Prog-metal, Tech-metal fusion etc.etc., but unfortunately there isn't very much good stuff here where I live... :erk:
Some of my favourite bands include:

Dream Theater
Symphony X
Spiral Architect
Opeth
Watchtower
Cacophony
Spastic Ink
Planet X
CAB

:worship: I also love shred guitar, some of my favourite guitarists are:

John Petrucci
Tony MacAlpine
Steve Vai
Michael Romeo
Ron Jarzombek
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Paul Gilbert
Jeff Loomis
Steinar Gundersen
Vinnie Moore
Yngwie Malmsteen
Greg Howe
Mikael Akerfeldt
Tommy Emmanuel

and many, many more...

This year I'm starting uni, I'm doing a Diploma in Classical Studies on Classical Guitar, so that should be pretty cool.

I'm also looking to start a band, similar to those above. We have my mate Loy and myself on lead guitars (Cacophony anyone??? :lol: ), but we're looking for a drummer, bass player, keyboardist and a singer eventually, so if you live near Adelaide and are interested, you can get in touch with me...

I basically spend all my time between the Symphony X, Spiral Architect and Spastic Ink/ Watchtower forums, so I might see u there! :headbang:

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Holy crap, my names Dan and I live in SA as well :kickass:

...shut up you Pricktorian Satans toe nail :lol:

edit

I play drums if you wanna jam, Im in a band called Tzun Tzu currently ... www.myspace.com/tzuntzu

And what do you mean theres nothin good on here...go the the lizard lounge this friday night to check out fuckin Stargazer amongst others :headbang:

Reactions: progmetaldan
Ah well, it was a top gig, Stargazer are clearly one of the best bands going around.

Nice one man, might see you around campus, or at the bar, most likely the latter :headbang:

Wow, I'm really getting into the whole tech/death thing, it's amazing!

Spiral Architect
Watchtower
Death
Atheist
Cynic

They're all right up there in my fave bands now, and Chuck Shuldiner (RIP) and James Murphy are both in my fave guitarists now... :headbang:

Nice one. You should check out Coroner, their first 3 albums are tech-thrash and their last 2 are more groove based, but still tasty and techy. Their guitarist (Tommy Vetterli) is fucking awesome as well.