g'day

Descentbypouri

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2008
Hey! metalhead from Australia.. Yeah we have music down here.. Just rarely get any decent bands playing :(... 21yrs old, I've been a metalhead since i was about 10 .. Yeah i started young thanks to my cousin who showed me Pantera and Megadeath! And i bought Cowboys from hell and Seasons in the Abyss.. ever since then it's been true love :D.. now my tastes go from Death,thrash all the way down to melodic / operatic!.... To much to list!.. take it easy :kickass:

What part you from dude? I'm south-east Melbourne at the moment looking for permanent move later this year, originally from the states. You play any instruments? drums?
My first metal album was a comp cassette from a local agro retailer with bands like Slayer "evil has no boundaries", nuclear assault, kat "metal messiah", anthrax "caught in a mosh"... can't remember all the rest. I think I was like 12 and royally pissed mom off something terrible. Wasn't long after that some guy she dated called Tony bought me Ride The Lightning for my 13th birthday and I haven't looked back since. Like you I've gone off into heavier/darker style bands... anything from ACDC to Mortician, Bolt Thrower to Morbid Angel (my fav), Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, Gojira, The True Mayhem... Just like anyone else who lists their musical tastes "I could go on and on..."

ahah farrk yeah.. I'm from Sydney!.. Used to play guitar, I'll start playing again... at some point in my life. But yeah... Good to see some Aussies.. It's hard to find metal heads in this country, that or I've just had terrible lucky ahah!