Gear Question

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
After a show do the roadies change strings on all guitars so ther good for the next gig. Or do they play em till they break em, or do they change strings after a few shows......Also, to be selling a used drum skin everynight they must change the heads after every show??? So I guess by being endorsed they get free strings, gear, drums etc etc and none of the gear is out of pocket..... Makes me want to write a album and get endorsed just for free toys!

well, during my 20 years of changing strings for,
alex slonick, greg, eric(TESTES), bello(THRAX), kerry king(NEED I SAY IT), mike clark, rocky, rob t (SUICIDAL), riggs(ZOMBIE), dwight yoakam & pete anderson, whatever their names were(EXODUS), juan croucier(RATT), yogi, j.b.(BUCKCHERRY), bobby gustafson(OVERKILL), paul g., bruce b., john a.(RACER-X). yes, i changed the strings every night on any guitar they played. crisper sound with unused strings. this could mean 10-13 sets of strings a night. whooo. only two guitarists liked the muddy sound of old strings, pete a from dwight's band and larry from primus. with them i could leave em' on for 5-6 shows before changing. and yes all those bands had endorsements so the strings were no cost.

well,... where do i start and how raunchy do i get ???
this one time,..at band camp.... in stockholm, sweden.
one of the boys(not anthrax) had a couple girls come by. we started doing beer bongs and the super hot blondie with the PERFECT ass had started to get tipsy. we all jumped on a train to go to some club in town. while on the train the blonde comes over, straddles me in the car with people everywhere, takes off her shirt and asks me if i like her tits because she just got them. of course i loved them and told her so. we traded shirts. then we get to the club and head straight for the men's room. funny thing about europe. no one is hung up on the boys/girls thing. the men's room was packed with chicks since guys stand up most of the time and it leaves the stalls open for the girls. So anyway, i'm makin' out pretty hot and heavy with blondie and when a stall opens we head in and get busy. after a while of banging her doggy style there is pounding on the stall door. there was probably around 20-30 people in the bathroom. Miss perfect starts hollering back in swedish as i'm still goin to town. there is more pounding on the door and i have no clue WHAT she was screaming at the door poundee but all i understood was blah blah SEXO blah blah SEXO. and she continued to push back to meet my ....pounding. it was awesome. all i did was continue to +#@* while she continued to scream at the people pounding on the door, about SEXO. there was much more nakedness to that night but this isn't PENTHOUSE Forum.
is that what you meant by a road story ?
i promise it's true.

so this other time,... at band camp... in chicago.
we were hanging at a hotel waiting to fly to europe and i'm talking with the wife(not blonde)(ex-thrax roadie) on the phone when i hear someone trying to open the hotel room door with one of those magnetic card keys that you - slide in/out, wait and then open. since my roomie was experienced i was surprised that he was having a problem. so i got up and opened the door... and standing in front of me was.... don ameche. (coccoon,trading places...) an old movie star from the 40's. I look at him and say "you're don ameche ". he responds "yes i am" and then yanks the door closed slamming it shut. i stood there in disbelief for a moment before opening the door back up to find him gone. when i talked to the girl at the front desk the next morning she told me she had to hold his hand to sign his name into the hotel. his eyesight was nearly gone and he couldn't see the paper to sign. he must have been lost trying to find his room. he was in his 70's by then but he sure had enough strength to yank that door shut out of my hand.

sorry that wasn't sick prime666

trobo3n8 said:
so this other time,... at band camp... in chicago.
we were hanging at a hotel waiting to fly to europe and i'm talking with the wife(not blonde)(ex-thrax roadie) on the phone when i hear someone trying to open the hotel room door with one of those magnetic card keys that you - slide in/out, wait and then open. since my roomie was experienced i was surprised that he was having a problem. so i got up and opened the door... and standing in front of me was.... don ameche. (coccoon,trading places...) an old movie star from the 40's. I look at him and say "you're don ameche ". he responds "yes i am" and then yanks the door closed slamming it shut. i stood there in disbelief for a moment before opening the door back up to find him gone. when i talked to the girl at the front desk the next morning she told me she had to hold his hand to sign his name into the hotel. his eyesight was nearly gone and he couldn't see the paper to sign. he must have been lost trying to find his room. he was in his 70's by then but he sure had enough strength to yank that door shut out of my hand.

sorry that wasn't sick prime666
no problem. Grotesque isnt always good. But I do enjoy the stories. Hit us with another one my man. Perhaps who was drunkest and did the dumbest shit. (If names are withheld I understand ) Or who got caught sleeping with another guy, or who got caught fucking sheep, or who went down on a hooker and got VD. In the mouth....

Yes the strings get changed before each and every show. At least they should. Some players prefer "dead" strings for the sound so they don't, but I'd say a good portion do.

how's this one ??
we were playing "The Docks" in hamburg, gmy. sometime back in the 80's. it's a tiny club and we had a crapload of gear in there. there is only one way off the stage and that is through a miniature door directly behind the drum kit, which led into the catering/dressing room.(at that time). because of the extreme amount of gear on the stage, charlie's kit and personal p.a. were pretty much against the door. the band finished playing and had walked off the stage. about 1 minute later, one side of the rear lighting truss crashed down landing about 2 feet above charlie's throne. if it had happened 2 minutes earlier charlie would have had his head shoved down into his ass. that was a pretty scary moment, but thankfully the band had walked off and we (crew) were at the front of the stage getting cases up onto the stage.
coincidently during this same load out, tempesta had to go to the hospital during load out because someone threw a bottle or glass from the balcony and it ended up cutting john open. damn glass throwers.