What gear does everyone use and why?

hehe...ok we all have our own opinions but may i ask you why the line6 sounds like 'ass'?....because i think the tone rocks and i have tryed many amps before i bought this one and it pretty much swept away everything else....apart from the mesa/boogie.......god i wish i had the money for one of those!

A Jackson Randy Rhoades Ex Professional, a Jackson KE 3, a Washburn Paul Stanley Signature Model and a BC Rich Warlock. All tuned to A. Dunlop picks 2.0 mm. Thick as fuck strings. A sampler I don´t know the name of nor ever use. Roland JV1010, Boss drummachine DR 670. A Roland W30 workstation. A Sony DAT-player. Fostex D4 - 4 track digital recorder and a Marshall Valvestate Combo 80 watt.

No wonder I am so fucken broke.

ESP - LTD M250(?)
Seymour Pickups
Why ? Well its an ESP c'mon that shit sounds bad ass

Crate GX130C head (sucks ass)
Why ? Cuz it was cheap at the time.

Ampeg 4x12 cab
Why ? The list is like 799.00 it was on sale for 299.00

Boss Metal Zone
Why ? Cuz I NEED distortion to crush you

Boss Chorus
Why ? It was a gift

Dod Flanger
Why ? I like creepy sounds

I got another guitar ... a Westone
I bought it cuz the paint was cool and it was 80 bucks. Doesnt sound half bad. I use it for a back up when I bust a string or somthin'

Originally posted by leper iffinity
hehe...ok we all have our own opinions but may i ask you why the line6 sounds like 'ass'?....because i think the tone rocks and i have tryed many amps before i bought this one and it pretty much swept away everything else....apart from the mesa/boogie.......god i wish i had the money for one of those!

How loud you turn yours up? The louder it gets the worse it sounds...

I love them at bedroom levels, but they sound horrible when mic'd on a pa, or at studio rehearsal volumes...

I love the natural, brutal crunch and distortion only tubes provide... then again, I'm a tone-obsessed gear freak, so that jades my opinion too.

Hearing a POD up at stage volume makes me cringe.

lol........erm thats the great thing about flextones.......they keep most of their tone even at the highest volume settings.......and they replicate the tube tone.......there is a model of the mesa/boogie dual rectifier which is called 'rectified' which is of course a tube amp.........the flextone does a great job of replicating it and i see no problem with it at stage volume.....all digital amps do have their problems anyway but my amp is great on stage and you can so many great sounding tones out of it. :)

No, they don't replicate tube tone. They try to, but fail miserably...

Their rectifier sound, sounds nothing like a real rectifier...

I just cringe when I hear one loud...

For the price, Line 6 used to be cheap, but since they're a little more costly now, just save up for the real deal.

Modeling amp is just that... it's a model of the real thing...

Not much different than having a real car or a model of one... they're really worlds apart...

Playing through a metal zone, boss eq, yamaha pos amp and an ESP EX 350 which is ok. (I like my Jackson better, but had to sell her to get out of debt) Reason for using what I use: No cash. But I make due with what I have, not complaining. It's better than nothing. When I have some $ to spare, going for a nice high gain amp (Not sure which, prob the 5150II or a Soldano, I just gotta save for a damn long time for that one)

xenophobe......have you ever actually played on a flextone2?..........have you ever set one up live?..........obviously not.........there interpretation of the rectifier may not be perfect but it is a fucking good try.....digital amp modelling is the next step in amplifiers and its very advanced......i admit that tube tones are the best.........but there is no way im going out to pay a huge amount of money for a messa/boogie and im not buying a fucking marshall because they fucking suck dick!!

another thing to add on that note..........with the flextone u dont have to use the sounds they have preset for you.........u can mix and match to get a great sound that you like and find your own unique sound.........obviously its your own opinion and i have no problem with that :)

You're right, Marshall does suck! :lol:

Line 6 stuff I've played...

Pod
Pod Pro
Bass Pod
Flextone
Vetta

I'm acutally thinking of getting a Pod for direct recording into my computer, cause that is one of the only things I think it is good for.

At any real rehearsal or stage volumes, I do not like the Line 6. Yes I have heard them live WITH a good clean mix. Sounds like SS Crap. Some people like that SS sound. I do not.

I do however like them better than the digital distortion of the Boss RP stuff... which sucks.

Digital isn't all that bad, but when it comes to amp modeling, I don't care for it.

I will be getting a G-Major some time, but that is worlds different than getting a solid state amp...

yeah cool..........i personnally love the flextone but its my opinion of it........if i had some fucking money i would buy a messa/boogie................(maybe one day).........but i really do fucking hate marshall..........everybody has a fucking marshall...........the gain is terrible!:lol: :D

yeah on stage at my school.......sounds pussy eh?!..lol well is was like a big gig and at least 300 people turned up in the end..........i tried out a marshall on stage before plugging in to my flextone and the gain was piss poor..........it just sounded like muddy shit...........personnally my fave amps are line 6 and the messa/boogies :) .....line 6 is also good for recording and the xlr outputs means a good balance on stage........i havent had any problems with the amp so far.........i think its the quality of the pa thats being used :)

well, i use 2 ibanez, one turned to D and it's a js100, and the other one is tuned in E and it's a s370. i use for my house a 40 marshall with a mt2 and a zoom 3030. and on stage a laney gh100l, that amps tone fucking good.