What kind of gear does Saxon use?

Any idea what kind of Pedals/FX setup they use or haved used either live or for recording ?

I use a Korg AX10g, Behringer ultra metal and a Digitech rp200a. The rp200a has a Glenn Tipton preset, pretty good

´Hey, that's bloody cool! Yeah, Glenn uses Digitech... that's propably why he got his name there. That's great, Glenn has awesome tone.

No idea what Saxon uses though... can't find any info either.

Glenn tipton is a cool guitarist.. have you seen the video clips on www.judaspriest.com where tipton and KK Downing plays some guitar and show their equipment? really interesting, if you're a JP fan or guitarist! there's three clips, one with KK playing and showing the studio for 9 min.s (it's when Demolition was recorded i think). And then the other two is one with Tipton playing (5 min, plays Touch of Evil solo..) and another one with him showing his equipment (<<no joking here ok!) for about 15 min.s
--check that out!

Aye, those are cool. You can also find all the information you need about their gear from

http://members.firstinter.net/markster/MENU.html#PROFILES

Glenn is really using Crate there, even though people usually bash Crate. He used it on British Steel DVD as well, and it sounded good IMO!
Funny how people say that you need good gear (like Mesa Boogie, Bogner, Diezel, Genz Benz etc) to sound good, but then I tell them what Priest is using and they're like: "so what, their tone sucks anyway". Lol! I calculated that I could get Piranha Pre amp and 9100-series EL34 50/50 Marshall Power amp for maybe 1200 euros. Professional gear for 1200 euros, sounds good to me!

Those vids are really cool, cheers crusader! And that link had some amazing info redman, that site is great! id found that ages ago and never bookmarked it..Good info on all the bootlegs from each tour etc. Makes me realise ive still got a lot of collecting to do!!

Redman said:
I wish there was that kind of a site about Saxon as well. But there isn't :erk:

To be honest mate i dont think there is a site about any band as good as that one..The person who compiles all that info and runs that site deserves a medal for his efforts!!

That site about JP was really interesting, good info about the members. thanks!