What kind of gear do you use?

I play a guitar that I built, its modeled after the Gibson Explorer. It has two EMG's 81/81 (I got a dual shipment when I ordered one). I run that through a metal zone and into a cheap Crate half-stack.

i have a B.C. Rich warlock 4-string bass, platinum series.. i have ernie ball strings on, with gauges that i cant think of right now... and i have a small crappy 20-watt fender amp

AtTheGates2099 said:
I also have a CRATE Blue Voodoo head and cabnet.

Both are great. Aside from that, I run through a BOSS GT-6 Processor, Jackson Guitars, Seymour Duncan pickups, Dimarzio cables, and Clayton medium triangular picks.

I also,....everybody on here is gonna hate my guts for this, but I fuckin can't stand amp distortion!!!!!!!! Go with processed distortion, it's 10 times better. Get a BOSS Metal Zone pedal, or a BOSS GT-6 processor which has the metal zone settings in it.

Amp distortion only sounds good if you have it cranked up beyond belief,....Plus processed distortion takes all the mid range out, and gives it a much more brutal chunky death metal sound. Most amp distortion is only good if you wanna play classic rock bullshit. Even with the gain all the way up it still sounds dead and limp.

Using a maximizer with amp distortion helps, I think thats what Dying Fetus uses, but amp distortion by itself sounds like ass.
i agree man, i use my Korg AX100g
but i dont mind amrshall distortion, but no one can take my BEEFY bassy Korg distortion away from me lol i love it
so much more customisable
so muhc more flexible, but i am just a stereo type so yes

i hate boss... all of it lol, no offense or anything but i really hate boss pedals, they dont have the body or depth as other pedals do

i personnally use the boss metal zone and its the best distortion pedal i have ever used besides my korg pandora, and it is possible to get an awesome distortion out of an amp, marshall distortion sucks its more like muddy overdrive, try a peavey xxx now thats death metal distortion built in

Jackson PS-4, stock pickups - looking to replace these eventually.
Running it through a 1979 Peavy Classic VT212, mint condition. Using a MT-2 currently, which I would normally avoid but through this amp for some reason it sounds really good. Not sure how it would cut through the mix in a band situation though.