What kind of gear do you people use?

Shecter C-1 (titanium with black hardware)

Marshall 30w 1x10 (no point in getting anything larger as long as im still in an apartment)

Boss GT-6

Metal Zone 2 (looking to sell)

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
ppl like you puzzle me. a guitar for thousands of $$ and playing through a sucky line6 modeller. lol. whatever floats your boat. :lol:

in the band i use my ESP and the marshall. no effects. the other guitarist has some fender strat 'iron maiden' with three humbucker and a esp explorer, since his amp died he's currently playing thru a boos distortion pedal directly into the PA.

congrats Mr. Van Halen

I got the line 6 due to the type of music I play. I use a lot of effects for different songs. I like that I can go from 1 preset to another. I can get that from other things, but I LIKE the Line-6. And that's why they have variety asshole.

drowssap said:
congrats Mr. Van Halen
:???:

drowssap said:
I got the line 6 due to the type of music I play. I use a lot of effects for different songs. I like that I can go from 1 preset to another. I can get that from other things, but I LIKE the Line-6. And that's why they have variety asshole.

stay calm dude...i didnt say 'asshole get a new amp' i just said that i puzzles me, duh...
if you are happy with the line6 i dont have a problem with it. 'kay?

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
:???:

stay calm dude...i didnt say 'asshole get a new amp' i just said that i puzzles me, duh...
if you are happy with the line6 i dont have a problem with it. 'kay?

I'm sorry. In here you have to have your guard WAY up. I switch sounds like 3 or 4 times per song, so I need to have something like that, but also simple to use.

;)

out of interest: how can you switch from sound to sound? does it have a footcontrol with which you can get from setting to setting? or does it support midi-control?
and also how different are these sounds, what do you change? distortion, or only effects? compressors and such....?

well, there are 2 different petals you can get. 1 has the normal 4 presets, and the other one has 36. It has 12 distinct amp sounds, and you can put 3 different effects on it at the same time. So, theres a lot you can do.
For instance, our band does Ending Credits. I will use a nice clean sound in the beginning. For the lead I have a sound that has a little distortion, but not so much.
It's something I have to do due to having 3 guitarists in the band. I have a southern rock kinda guy annd a total metal guy, so I just try to fit in where I can. It's hard as hell to sing and tap dance at the same time!

drowssap said:
well, there are 2 different petals you can get. 1 has the normal 4 presets, and the other one has 36. It has 12 distinct amp sounds, and you can put 3 different effects on it at the same time. So, theres a lot you can do.
Thx :) And what do you pay for the footcontrol?

drowssap said:
For instance, our band does Ending Credits. I will use a nice clean sound in the beginning. For the lead I have a sound that has a little distortion, but not so much.
That's interesting, i did the ending credits lead part with gain up to 3/4 in the gigh gain channel, using my neck pickup (SD 59) and totally closing the tone-control on my guitar...

drowssap said:
It's hard as hell to sing and tap dance at the same time!
that is a point for sure. i dont sing, so i can focus on my floorboard (not in the band tho, as i said, i dont use any effects then)

i never had a mess changing sounds while playing with my setup but i guess it would be a problem if i wanted to change the EQ while staying in the same channel.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
Thx :) And what do you pay for the footcontrol?

That's interesting, i did the ending credits lead part with gain up to 3/4 in the gigh gain channel, using my neck pickup (SD 59) and totally closing the tone-control on my guitar...

that is a point for sure. i dont sing, so i can focus on my floorboard (not in the band tho, as i said, i dont use any effects then)

i never had a mess changing sounds while playing with my setup but i guess it would be a problem if i wanted to change the EQ while staying in the same channel.

at Musician's Friend it's 270. I got it for 220 at the local Daddy's Music
We made Ending Credits like 6 minutes long. We have been trying different things with it. We have to wait a week until the 3rd guitarist comes back from Texas to really know where we are going to take it.
I use both pickups in the PRS. I find the bridge pickup a little too bright. I used for the lead just enough distortion and also use a little boost to come out a little. With the different sounds, I can have different volumes too. That is REALLY nice!

I has the McCarty pickups that came with the guitar. I'm kinda afraid to do any mods due to the $$$ of it.

JCM800 head. JCM 900 cab. Ibanez RG470 with EMG 81's. I don't use that stupid digitech anymore. I've got a Korg AX100G now. I guess once I can afford pedals, I'll get a real set-up, but this is enough for me right now.

Notice the wall mount on the stack. :cool: Don't worry about the resale value, I could never sell ole Bessy.
marshall1.jpg

lol@ xenophobe. I know you! From the duncan forum.

My gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone sg- modded with emg 81/85 combo.
Schecter c-1 elite
hohner classical
crappiest acoustic EVER.
fender j-bass

amps:
peavey bandit
marshall 52somethingoranothercheapasssolidstate
sunn bass amp head(no cab now!)
currently saving for a peavey triple x combo, which I found suited me better than either the 5150 or a mesa.

effects:
boss os-2
dod deathmetal(crap!)
vamp2(works OK for late night recording)
behringer mic100 mic pre

mics:
audix fusion 4 drum mics
two shure sm57's
nuemann u87-which needs servicing now for a dirty capsule :cry:

recording stuff/miscellaneous:
emu 1212 soundcard
crate pa system
yamaha dx11 keyboard
sennheiser 280 pro headphones.

yep, thats it. my G.A.S. list right now includes:
the peavey xxx
an iso cab for it
something with 8 mic pres and an adat out
a decent acoustic
uh... mic stands. Need more.

I just fuck around with:

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty No.3

some old fender 20W Bass amp i aquired (which for a 20W is fucken LOUD - i guess its the big cone)

zoom gfx-2 multi effects pedal.

its all i need for a bit of bedroom boomtime. :D

OpethForLife said:
JCM800 head. JCM 900 cab. Ibanez RG470 with EMG 81's. I don't use that stupid digitech anymore. I've got a Korg AX100G now. I guess once I can afford pedals, I'll get a real set-up, but this is enough for me right now.

Notice the wall mount on the stack. :cool: Don't worry about the resale value, I could never sell ole Bessy.
i can see the stompboxes in the pic! what are they? like a boss delay and an overdrive?

Electric Guitar: Shecter C1 plus, EMG 81/85 set installed
Acoustic Guitar - Ibanez, ordered a Takamine
Amp - Peavey 5150, series 2 with the signature not block EVH
Cabinet - Marshall 1960a/b 300watts
Drums : DW Collectors series satin finish
cymbals - Zilgjian and Sabian
No effects
Im trying to save up for a PRS Custom 24 or a 72-75 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Aria STG 003 strat copy (with seymour duncan JB in the Bridge)
Boss GT-6
Boss Ge-7
Boss MT-2 (am going to sell this soon)
Electro Harmonix BIG MUFF pie
Marshall JCM800 510 30 watt combo

I am in the market for a new guitar, since my current one is a realy crappy starters guitar and thats the worst link in my gear.