Genesis SACD remasters

Jason:

I'm debating what to do. I can get them quite easily but they will be stupidly expensive. I might bring in a handful and measure demand from there. Keep an eye on the site.

Ken Golden

The first set of reissues are:

A Trick Of The Tail
Wind and Wuthering
And Then There Were Three
Duke
Abacab

Its a bit of mess as far as what version is available from what territories. If you prowl around on the various prog forums you will find detailed threads. In a nutshell the European version features a hybrid SACD as well as a DVD with the album in 5.1. The only fly in the ointment is the DVD is PAL format. Supposedly the Japanese versions will have NTSC discs but of course are considerably more expensive. In North America the format will be a CD plus a DVD-V (with the 5.1 mix). That's pretty much a suckfest. :puke:

We will probably bring in a handful of the European version and gauge interest.

KG

Ken,

Will this include getting the box set of the first batch of remasters?

Chuck

Chuck:

Now you are upping the ante!! I guess the answer is yes. I want that damn bonus disc for myself. The street date is April 2nd in Europe so I'm hunting around for a deal. Not sure there is one out there but I'm trying.

Ken

Looks like I will be able to get SACD/DVD (NTSC!!) versions at a fair price. The box set is a different story...

Ken