Genesis- Turn it on Again Tour

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Genesis- Turn it on Again Tour. Here is the link to their site which has a link to a press conference they gave on 11/7/06. I haven't listenend to it all and wish I could post some US tour dates but this surely is some amazing news!!!http://www.genesis-music.com/
Here are the European Tour dates:
The complete list of European concerts is:

11 June Helsinki, Finland Olympic Stadium
30 June Paris, France Parc Des Princes

14 June Herning, Denmark Messecenter
1 July Amsterdam, Holland Arena

15 June Hamburg, Germany AOL Arena
3 July Berlin, Germany Olympiastadion

17 June Berne, Switzerland Stade de Suisse
4 July Leipzig, Germany Zentralstadion

18 June Linz, Austria Gugglestadium
5 July Frankfurt, Germany Commerzbankarena

20 June Budapest, Hungary Puskas Ferenc Stadium
7 July London, UK Twickenham Stadium

21 June Katowice, Poland Slaski Stadium
8 July Manchester, UK Old Trafford Football Stadium

23 June Hannover, Germany AWD Arena
10 July Munich, Germany Olympiastadion

26 June Dusseldorf, Germany LTU Arena
12 July Monaco Louis II Stadium

29 June Stuttgart, Germany Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium
14 July Rome, Italy Telecomcerto at Colosseo

I look forward to the US shows.

The most depressing part of the press conference is when they say the original plan was for them to have Gabriel join them and do a "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" tour, but scheduling would not allow it. But they haven't ruled out doing something like that for the future, so I'm still hoping...

dt

Again another great show starting in Europe. Why is it that bands feel they must start shows in Europe. Start in the States first then Europe.

I look forward to the US shows.

The most depressing part of the press conference is when they say the original plan was for them to have Gabriel join them and do a "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" tour, but scheduling would not allow it. But they haven't ruled out doing something like that for the future, so I'm still hoping...

dt

Yeah, this is a major letdown as I was holding out hope for a reunion with the five man lineup (though I always considered the odds to be next to nothing), and I can't believe Collins can keep a straight face when claiming they're not doing it for the money while charging exorbitant prices...

I got all excited when I'd heard about it, then hope deflated when Gabriel and Hackett weren't going to be a part of it. I like the early Collins-era stuff, but this tour doesn't seem worth my money.

^We saw The Musical Box here in Baltimore last night. It was great as always, though the Foxtrot show doesn't have quite as good a set list as the SEBTP one.

dt

Just came back from the Foxtrot show and I'd agree, although its enjoyable nonetheless to catch the songs that weren't on the SEBTP setlist (notibly Fountain of Salmacis, Hogweed, and Get Em Out by Friday).

I had seen SEBTP 3 times already, so it was a nice change of pace as well. I'll probably catch the SEBTP show in NYC at the end of the month, though. Still kicking myself in the face for missing The Lamb (I was in Germany seeing Rage, so I guess its a fair trade).

This is great news. It has been a dream of mine since I bought my first tape "Abacab" at age 11 to see them live. I bet they will do something with Pete and Steve when there done with this tour.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this does come to the States, and maybe by then Peter Gabriel could be a part of it!

Phil gets on my nerves at times, but as long as he's not singing animated soundtracks I can handle it. The instrumental part of Genesis is well worth the price of admission!

I bet if they get to the States it will be all large cities with back-to-back shows.

Wow too coincidental - I dug through some old CDs at home to listen to at work a few weeks back and have had 'We Can't Dance' with me here at work

There is the usual the early 90s radio friendly stuff of course but I had forgotten how much I love 'Driving the Last Spike' and 'Fading Lights'....

GREAT stuff.....

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this does come to the States, and maybe by then Peter Gabriel could be a part of it!

Phil gets on my nerves at times, but as long as he's not singing animated soundtracks I can handle it. The instrumental part of Genesis is well worth the price of admission!

I bet if they get to the States it will be all large cities with back-to-back shows.

20 shows over seas and 20 shows in USA. No Peter. Not for this tour....

Another thing I've thought about why Peter isn't doing this...you know they're going to be making way more money and playing way bigger venues without him on this tour. If they did a "Lamb" tour with Peter, the only people going would be progrock fans...and if there was anyone going who just sees the name Genesis and thinks "Invisible Touch" they'd probably boo them off the stage.

And for MANY prog fans (including myself) Genesis' career begins with Trespass and ends with The Lamb. TotT and W&W are OK, but once Hackett is out of the picture it was all downhill.

^We saw The Musical Box here in Baltimore last night. It was great as always, though the Foxtrot show doesn't have quite as good a set list as the SEBTP one.

dt

I wish those guys would make it out to the West Coast on occasion. I saw the TLLDOB show two years ago in NJ, and thought it was great. I would love to see SEBTP.

The Collins era...

To me their last decent album was the self titled album.

I mean Mama and Home by the Sea and Second Home By the Sea are cool tunes. The rest weren' so hot... But this was the end of Genesis. Before that Duke and Abacab were OK. Trick of the Tail was brilliant and WW was pretty cool.

After s/t it went DOWN THE SHITTER with Invisible touch.:lol: