Genesis

I need to add Genesis to my collection as bad as I need to add Peter Gabriel, which I really need to add. :)

i love genesis! they come from around where i live!

i'm good friends with Tony Banks' daughter Emily (he plays keys) and i went swimming at Peter Gabriel's parents' house because my ex-girlfriends family knew them :)

[/name dropping]

i think phil collins is a great singer tho' why don't you guys like him????

diabolical vengeance said:
i'm actually curious about Genesis so if someone could maybe recommend me a few albums it would be great

I would highly recommend "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway".
This is a concept album about a person named Rael. Only
someone like Peter Gabriel could come up with this. If this
album were to be made into a movie, David Lynch should
direct it!

Other noteworthy albums would be "Foxtrot" which contains the
23 minute long epic 'Supper's Ready'. Also, "Selling England
by the Pound", "A Trick of the Tail". All these records came out
during the 70's before Genesis became a 'pop' band. That does
not necessarily mean their later albums are not good, they have
their moments as well.

I also really dig their last (and possibly final) album, "...Calling All
Stations..." This is the record they did after Phil left the band.

Enjoy!......

My father take me into Genesis as i was just a child. I used to listen Genesis as i was not even going to school. They are quite good, they made amazing stuff. Well, my life is marked whit this band, who is like my father heritage. :p

From what I heard, after Gabriel left, Genesis went from prog to pop. So, I figure Gabriel-Era is muchos better... I haven't heard any of there music yet. I got Lamb Lies Down and Selling England downloaded, I just haven't gotten around to listening to em. I probably should really soon.

Best albums:
Lamb Lies down on Broadway
Selling England by the Pound
and Trick of the Tail is the only good album with Colins doin the vocals...

I love genesis! they come from around where i live!

i'm good friends with Tony Banks' daughter Emily (he plays keys) and i went swimming at Peter Gabriel's parents' house because my ex-girlfriends family knew them :)

[/name dropping]

i think phil collins is a great singer tho' why don't you guys like him????

Wow That's cool!!! :headbang:
Collins isn't a bad singer but i don't like the way he went with genesis

indeed as said "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" is a masterpiece, the best concept album ever , after Operation Mindcrime.
I would recommend "Trespass" too, their first album...
Marillion listened to lots of Genesis, Fish probably had a picture of Peter Gabriel over his bed.

Peter Gabriel-era Genesis is just as good as Peter Gabriel solo.....in other words, fucking great! I'm not into the Phil Collins-fronted stuff, as it's too soft and it's much too different from the 70's stuff, and totally loses the magic that made the 70's Genesis so damn cool.

IOfTheStorm said:
Marillion listened to lots of Genesis, Fish probably had a picture of Peter Gabriel over his bed.

Marillion is increible, Fish-era is amazing, the influence of genesis is strong but they have his own style.
Misplaced Childhood it's an awesome and outstanding album