OK....since we did RUSH, let's do GENESIS

StocktontoMalone

The Cynical Realist
Dec 12, 2002
Tiverton, RI
Visit site
What is your favorite POST-Gabriel Genesis release? And for those who wish to circumvent the parameters of the question - don't even think about it. I'm talking Phil Collins era. Not a Gabriel release - released after he left...:p

Personally I believe the Gabriel era was too weird and artsy. Peter tried to copy Bowie, and went WAAAAY overboard.

My vote goes to A TRICK OF THE TAIL. That CD has had some HEAVY rotation in my systems. 'Dance on a Volcano', 'Entangled', and 'Squonk' have to be 3 of the greatest songs Genesis has ever penned....and Steve Hackett was a genius.

:worship::worship: :worship: :worship:

Wow this is hard. I'd say either Wind And Wuthering or Duke. Duke's Travels/Duke's End is KILLER! And so is the Unquiet Slumbers/Quiet Earth/Afterglow medley on W&W. Great songs on both

I like Hackett era Genesis a lot. I still like Lamb the best. Not that it has the best songs, but in whole, it is one of the most adventuresome albums ever. Supper's Ready, if I could single out one tune (a very looonnnggg one), is probably my favorite. The Foxtrot to Wind succession is excellent. Anyone heard the tune, Inside Out from the Spot the Pigeon EP. Great Tune! After Hackett left, foegeaa abowddit. Yes Duke is good (By the way, Enchant's Man of Our Times is better than Genesis'), ANd 3 is alright, but everything else is marginal at best except for a few tunes.

Well, I'm still missing tow or three Genesis albums, and I actually like some of the Gabriel-era material a lot. But I ahve to admit, I think the Collins-era was ment to happen. Also, I find it interesting at how many peopl are holding up Calling all Stations! I thought I was the only one that liked that album!

again....
The top 5 Genesis albums

1. Invisible Touch
2. Abacab
3. Genesis
4. We Cant' Dance
5. Calling all Stations

For the Gabriel era... Foxtrot is my favorite hands down. I might be slayed for saying this, but... I really didn't find Lambs Lie Down... as adventurous or memorable as most fans claim it to be. A great album, but not my top Gabriel pick.

\m/
Dustin

StocktontoMalone said:
What is your favorite POST-Gabriel Genesis release? And for those who wish to circumvent the parameters of the question - don't even think about it. I'm talking Phil Collins era. Not a Gabriel release - released after he left...:p

Personally I believe the Gabriel era was too weird and artsy. Peter tried to copy Bowie, and went WAAAAY overboard.

My vote goes to A TRICK OF THE TAIL. That CD has had some HEAVY rotation in my systems. 'Dance on a Volcano', 'Entangled', and 'Squonk' have to be 3 of the greatest songs Genesis has ever penned....and Steve Hackett was a genius.
a virtual tie between Trick and Wind but i give the edge to Wind because of One for the Vine. i liked most of ..And Then and parts of Duke but they were obviously on their way down at this point. didn't even bother with anything after Duke.:bah: