Geoff Tate just melted my brain.............

It almost feels like his career has become some sort of Joaquin Phoenix-like performance art piece, where he's trying to determine how long it takes to destroy every last shred of artistic credibility. If so, mission accomplished.

Couldn't finish it either.......oh boy. I was waiting for David Lee Roth to join him.

It almost feels like his career has become some sort of Joaquin Phoenix-like performance art piece, where he's trying to determine how long it takes to destroy every last shred of artistic credibility. If so, mission accomplished.

For sure...I watched a concert of the mindcrime anniversary on youtube and it was like watching a really bad cover band.

Someone needs to organize an intervention for him. Just stop. We thought you couldn't get worse, but you have.. so please for the sanity of what remaining fans you have... JUST STOP

• It looks like he's having fun.
  • This reminds me a lot of old "This is Tom Jones" episodes; that is mostly not a good thing.
  • No one in that audience is a fan of his earlier work.

Interesting. But not worth subjecting oneself to it in larger doses.

(disclaimer: my speakers are muted)

I jut saw this today, Tate's Ryche version is coming to town in June. I haven't gone so far as to check pricing, but that is mildly intriguing to see how bad it's gotten. I just don't think it's worth more than 10 dollars to do so.

Okay, just watched the vid.

Folks, that's a freakin cry for help. He has totally lost it. Douchebag or not, someone close needs to step in there and try to help him. I know most only see him for what he's done the last 20 or so years, but I still remember him for my favorite ever recorded song, Eyes of a Stranger. I know that era Geoff is no longer there, but he's about to hit rock bottom with his face. Or...he could be punking all of us and laughing his ass off. Either way, kinda sad.

Why everyone is losing their shit over this? It's certainly not my cup of tea, but if he's doing something he enjoys or wants to do, who cares? I know he's made a number of douche comments over the last several years, but in this case, there seems to be a vibe beyond just that... as if it's somehow wrong for him to choose to do anything but 80s Queensrÿche style music, or that choosing to do this mediocre vaudeville act somehow makes him an evil person.

We need to work on your comebacks.

Learning how to read would be a major step for him, but since he's illiterate of course his comebacks will be terrible.

Why everyone is losing their shit over this? It's certainly not my cup of tea, but if he's doing something he enjoys or wants to do, who cares? I know he's made a number of douche comments over the last several years, but in this case, there seems to be a vibe beyond just that... as if it's somehow wrong for him to choose to do anything but 80s Queensrÿche style music, or that choosing to do this mediocre vaudeville act somehow makes him an evil person.

Doesn't make him evil, it just makes him a talentless hack.

Let's face it, the people crying the loudest about Tate are probably the ones who worshiped everything he did back in the Mindcrime days. They probably hung his posters, got Queensryche tattoos....thought they had a personal relationship with him and the band. Now they feel like jilted lovers, and you know what the opposite emotion to love is....HATE. Now, Geoff Tate is a complete loser and can't do anything that doesn't piss them off. To me, the amount of glee people take in trying to tear him down is just as sad as some of the questionable moves Geoff Tate has taken over the last 10 years or so.