Geoff Tate just melted my brain.............

Let's face it, the people crying the loudest about Tate are probably the ones who worshiped everything he did back in the Mindcrime days. They probably hung his posters, got Queensryche tattoos....thought they had a personal relationship with him and the band. Now they feel like jilted lovers, and you know what the opposite emotion to love is....HATE. Now, Geoff Tate is a complete loser and can't do anything that doesn't piss them off. To me, the amount of glee people take in trying to tear him down is just as sad as some of the questionable moves Geoff Tate has taken over the last 10 years or so.

Comic Book Dude, it's simple. It's because Geoff Tate is such a Asshole, and the way he treated his band-mates proves that. Heck, when I met them backstage years ago Tate was the only who wasn't friendly, the other members were awesome, and there are plenty of other bad experiences that other fans have had as well. It's BECAUSE Tate is such an ass that he gets hammered on as much as he does... If he was a classy all around good guy, people wouldn't harp on him NEAR as much as they do.... If you act like an ass, then you are going to get treated like you're an ass....

Comic Book Dude, it's simple. It's because Geoff Tate is such a Asshole, and the way he treated his band-mates proves that. Heck, when I met them backstage years ago Tate was the only who wasn't friendly, the other members were awesome, and there are plenty of other bad experiences that other fans have had as well. It's BECAUSE Tate is such an ass that he gets hammered on as much as he does... If he was a classy all around good guy, people wouldn't harp on him NEAR as much as they do.... If you act like an ass, then you are going to get treated like you're an ass....

Maybe, but you gotta admit that there seems to be something extra going on when it comes to Tate. Rock/metal is littered with assholes, but Tate seems to be the person most targeted....I feel it's because he and the band were placed on such a lofty pedestal by the fans, and when he/they didn't live up to those expectations, he's now a target for ridicule. Being an asshole doesn't help his cause either.
The thing that's kinda funny about it all is that when you see this much bitching and complaining about everything Geoff Tate, it looks like people still actually care about and pay attention to what he does.

I think it's more of his attempt at trying stuff outside the box, but it's so outside the box everyone - or mostly everyone - that will watch is left standing there with a look of 'wth are you trying to do here?' Is he trying to say something or given up wanting to? QR as a band usually had something to say with so much of their music. Now, Tate's voice seems to be empty of that meaning... and the packaging is whacked

Maybe, but you gotta admit that there seems to be something extra going on when it comes to Tate. Rock/metal is littered with assholes, but Tate seems to be the person most targeted....I feel it's because he and the band were placed on such a lofty pedestal by the fans, and when he/they didn't live up to those expectations, he's now a target for ridicule. Being an asshole doesn't help his cause either.
The thing that's kinda funny about it all is that when you see this much bitching and complaining about everything Geoff Tate, it looks like people still actually care about and pay attention to what he does.

That's because he's an asshole who wears manthongs on stage and does "vaudeville" thinking he's a part of some grand artsy statement but it's really just a joke and pretty hilarious.

What's really funny to ME is how you interpret everyone making fun of how hysterical and pathetic Tate's last few years of embarrassing nonsense have been as "bitching."

Here's what I also think. It's no secret that Tate has announced his dislike for Metal many times and has admitted that he absolutely hates QR older material that he sang on. So I think this also leads him to be a target because people hear him singing now and it's god awful and so it's easy to judge him. If he was sounding really good these days, I'd be the first to gladly admit it. But if you are going to trash the band's older music(which has his best vocals on it), then you better come up with something that sounds good that you sing on........

I'm just happy I saw them on the Warning tour, at Edgewater, here in the land of Cheese......ironic, now that Geoff is the cheese! :Smokedev:

Yea, I saw them on that tour too :). the Warning is Tate's finest cd performance. His vocals on that cd are phenomenal to say the least, with Rage for Order coming in a close 2nd..... Tons of vocal acrobatics on both The Warning and Rage......

As much as I like Todd (briefly met him at PP), I'd prefer it if it was Tate singing on last year's album. But yeah. He's done FU and then the rest of the alphabet. So, nothing will ever be the same again. But I have my memories from The Warning, then the Ep and looking forward to every subsequent release. Seeing the band in 1989, 1991 (Ottawa), 2000 (Vancouver)& 2009 (Anaheim) was also great. :headbang:

Fuck I miss the 70s & 80s. Nothing else has or will ever come close.

Comments from millennial metalsucks readers are not worth a wet fart. :heh:

I saw the RfO tour opening for Ozzy in Montreal which can be found on YouTube and they simplys stole the show. This was the first time I saw an opening act getting an encore. People were yelling so much and didn't stop for a long time, so they had no choice but to let them come back. They were amazing and Tate was the best frontman I had ever seen at that moment and probably still is at his prime.

I also saw them open for Metallica on the Mindcrime tour while Metallica was on their Justice tour in Quebec City. Then, I saw them headline their Empire tour with the whole Mindcrime set. This remains the best show I'Ve ever seen along with Water's The Wall. Tate was more than a singer, he was an actor on this tour and was so intense.

Finally, I saw them on the co-headline tour with Dream Theater and that was pretty awful. The passion was gone and DT was 1000 times better. It felt like the passing of the torch to me.

So, this Tate version is like another person to me. I'll keep at the LaTorre version of the band which is pretty good and I'll let go of "the other guy".

Here's what I also think. It's no secret that Tate has announced his dislike for Metal many times and has admitted that he absolutely hates QR older material that he sang on. So I think this also leads him to be a target because people hear him singing now and it's god awful and so it's easy to judge him. If he was sounding really good these days, I'd be the first to gladly admit it. But if you are going to trash the band's older music(which has his best vocals on it), then you better come up with something that sounds good that you sing on........

Exactly. Between his attitude and his actions Tate has more than earned the scorn being heaped on him.

Maybe one day he'll realize he's not Sting or Bono and get himself back on track, but I doubt it.

STAND BY FOR DAMAGE CONTROL MODE:

DEFENSE MECHANISM POWERING UP

LOGICAL FALLACY REACTOR OPERATING AT FULL CAPACITY

DEFLECTION PHASE INITIATED

AD HOMINEM PHASE INITIATED

DAMAGE CONTROL MODE ACTIVATE:

As much as I like Todd (briefly met him at PP), I'd prefer it if it was Tate singing on last year's album. But yeah. He's done FU and then the rest of the alphabet. So, nothing will ever be the same again. But I have my memories from The Warning, then the Ep and looking forward to every subsequent release. Seeing the band in 1989, 1991 (Ottawa), 2000 (Vancouver)& 2009 (Anaheim) was also great. :headbang:

Fuck I miss the 70s & 80s. Nothing else has or will ever come close.

Comments from millennial metalsucks readers are not worth a wet fart. :heh: