German metal appreciation

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Even though they have a lot of sub-standard industrial bands like Rammstein and Brainstorm, you really can't deny the Germans know their metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is an icebergs amount of bands i want to mention here!!:lol:
I am a huge fan of German Metal and the scene there in general.
Absolutely some of the most loyal and dedicated bangers in the world are the Germans and they have produced some amazing bands over the years.
SODOM
KREATOR
DESTRUCTION
DORO/WARLOCK
ACCEPT
BRAINSTORM (i defy you Ferret!LOL)
HELLOWEEN
GAMMA RAY
PRIMAL FEAR
TANKARD
ASSASIN
RAGE
RUNNING WILD

And many more i'll remember 5 mins after i post this.hahaha
Good thread Ferret.

How can you leave out Blind Guardian? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Germany is hard to beat for good power metal:
Blind Guardian, Savage Circus, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Primal Fear, Edguy, Sinner, Virgin Steele, Brainstorm :)P)...

Obscura rock my bratwurst. Cosmogenisis might be a 2009 release but I only heard it this year and to that end it's been easily one of my favourite albums all year.

Not so much into generic thrash like Kreator, but the Germans really know how to do take a thrash basis and do something interesting with it. Rage as already mentioned, Angel Dust and Vanden Plas come to mind, even Accept at times, and there's probably more that I don't realise are German. Dew-Scented too in staggered doses.

Subway To Sally :headbang: It doesn't matter if I don't understand a word they say, their music speaks volumes.

Poverty's No Crime, EverEve, Sieges Even, Ivory Tower, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, Cock and Ball Torture... so they have so many good bands covering so many different subgenres.

In a word...

Prost :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you leave out Blind Guardian? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Germany is hard to beat for good power metal:
Blind Guardian, Savage Circus, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Primal Fear, Edguy, Sinner, Virgin Steele, Brainstorm :)P)...

Obscura rock my bratwurst. Cosmogenisis might be a 2009 release but I only heard it this year and to that end it's been easily one of my favourite albums all year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzjKMYsiGyk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mesr2siegRg

Not so much into generic thrash like Kreator, but the Germans really know how to do take a thrash basis and do something interesting with it. Rage as already mentioned, Angel Dust and Vanden Plas come to mind, even Accept at times, and there's probably more that I don't realise are German. Dew-Scented too in staggered doses.

Subway To Sally :headbang: It doesn't matter if I don't understand a word they say, their music speaks volumes.

Poverty's No Crime, EverEve, Sieges Even, Ivory Tower, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, Cock and Ball Torture... so they have so many good bands covering so many different subgenres.

In a word...

Prost :kickass:

Virgin Steele are American man.

Germany has some of the best metal bands in existence.

Sodom
Accept
Destruction
Running Wild
Scorpions
Desaster
Ketzer
Living Death
Exumer
etc etc