Classic Metal appreciation thread

Force101

Mar 20, 2007
Canberra, Australia
I apologize if there's already a thread like this.

Anyway, like the title states, this thread is about classic metal appreciation! Bands like Judas Priest, Accept, Diamond Head, Dio, Saxon, Iron Maiden etc. So discuss, post youtube videos whatever! I'll start by posting some vids.

Classic Australian Heavy Metal band Black Alice

Last edited by a moderator:
Generic join-the-dots thrash usually isn't my cup of tea but this seemed to stand out from a recent bunch of cheap eBay purchases:

Kind of a blend of old-school Slayer and Metal Church. Not brilliant but should appeal to a few of you.

What an album!!!
Killer late 80's speed metal from France.

ADX-WeirdVisions1990.jpg

SPELLCASTER!!! :kickass:

http://www.myspace.com/spellcaster123

Gradually formed over the years through countless coincidences and changes of fate, Spellcaster came into being in Portland, Oregon during early 2009. Carrying on the proud legacy of Pacific Northwest heavy metal bands such as MALICE, METAL CHURCH and WILD DOGS, Spellcaster have arrived to prove that traditional heavy metal is alive and well in the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpellcasterUS

Now this is my kinda thread haha! Already some fantastic recs here, like Manilla Road (Crystal Logic is one of my all time favourite heavy metal records), Toxik and Cloven Hoof, and some bands I hadn't heard before, Icon especially sounding pretty awesome imo.

Anyways, here are a couple of additions from yours truely:

Here's some obscure female fronted heavy metal from the UK, Masque, from their only EP. Only way to get this is on a split bootleg from Revenge Of True Metal records:

Another obscurity from the UK, this time speed metal band Wild Pussy. This one also being their only EP, and also available on one of the RoTMR boots:

The amazing Brocas Helm, from their fantastic debut:

Greek metal that's at some times glorious Maiden worship and others filthy speed metal ala Exorcist or Venom, Crush: