Maiden-influenced band appreciation thread

Edguy: Iron Maiden + Queensryche + Helloween + Savatage = one of the greatest bands on the planet today (if you like that sort of thing) :D

Has anyone mentioned Iced Earth yet? 1776 sounds a lot like Transylvania.

I only know the Dark Saga album....sounds like garage Thrash from teenagers if you ask me....though the Final Fantasy 9 video with the title track playing over it - EVERYONE must see that before they die! way too cool!

Ayeka said:
I only know the Dark Saga album....sounds like garage Thrash from teenagers if you ask me....though the Final Fantasy 9 video with the title track playing over it - EVERYONE must see that before they die! way too cool!

I think I remember you posting a link to this before. Can you give us the link again?

Off the top of my head, I think you can find it on http://neogohan.net ... I'll check that in a sec...

EDIT: Yup, that's the badger. Click "Music Videos" on the left, then Anime Music Videos. Right there :) on the same page there's also Trial By Fire by Blind Guardian playing over a Venus Wars video, but I don't have a clue what Venus Wars is :p

There are also Final Fantasy/Stratovarius and Tenchi In Tokyo/Whitesnake videos on Kazaa that are very good :)

Having spent a great deal of time listening to the new Kalmah over the past week or so, this band no doubt has some love for Iron Maiden. Without giving too much away (too bad, wait for the review), there's loads of wicked guitar melodies and some Ensiferum-ness on the album. Good stuff.

On one of the Iron Maiden tribute CDs, there is a cover version of "Children of the Damned" by Sebastian Bach.

I must hear this!!! Has anyone heard this version?

Yup, I got that tribute album :) Seb's cover is definately the best song on there, totally awesome.

THREAD RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one hasn't been posted on since early July, and while listening to FATES WARNING's song "Epitaph," all I can say is holy fuck!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Ali to hear this song!
Fates Warning rules and Maiden rules for obviously influencing them!

And thank you to Metal Blade for releasing all of their material!!
One of the best bands on their roster.

Demonspell said:
Early Fates was indeed heavily indebted to and inspired frequent comparisons to Maiden...even on the later prog albums, the influence does shine through at points...
On the Night In Brocken remastered cd, there's a cover of Flight Of Icarus.
The sound quality isn't the greatest, but you can definitely hear vocalist John Arch's similarities to Bruce.