Iron Maiden DVD series details revealed

Erik said:
Well eh, you don't need to IMAGINE really
Heh, damn your eagle eyes and obsessive compulsive insistence upon correction. :tickled:

So maybe I missed this as well, but what live footage exists from the Somewhere in Time era -- anyone know? I know it's gotta be a cool concert just from the "Stranger in a Strangeland" video. I want to bounce on those massive inflatable Eddie hands.

Yes, but the only footage of that concert is the stuff thats in that video clip. There is no full concert video of any show from the "somewhere out on tour".

Now you mention it, that seems quite bizarre. Pretty much every other peroid of Maiden has been well covered on video, official or otherwise...

jeez how many videos have maiden released?

live at the rainbow is fantastic though
I remember saving up for tht vid and playing it to death
I painted a mural of the cover of that on my wall when I was 13 or 14
lifesize eddie with the guitar
except I painted the hell scene from number of the beast at the bottom instead of the crowd....can't remember why

mother was pleased haha

Ayeka said:
That song has never been played live :(

Maybe another inclusion for next summer :D
Ehmm, never doubt my knowledge of Maiden trivia again. They did play it live on the Piece of mind tour, I have a bootleg of it. There is also a relatively wellknown guitarsolo/song called Walking on glass that they played on the Somewhere in time tour that I would have liked to see on an upcoming dvd but it seems unlikely they ever recorded it.

unhinged said:
jeez how many videos have maiden released?

live at the rainbow is fantastic though
I remember saving up for tht vid and playing it to death
I painted a mural of the cover of that on my wall when I was 13 or 14
lifesize eddie with the guitar
except I painted the hell scene from number of the beast at the bottom instead of the crowd....can't remember why

mother was pleased haha
The release years are approximate

Live at the rainbow - 80
Video pieces - 83
Behind the iron curtain - 84
Live after death - 85
12 wasted years - 87
Maiden england - 89
The ten first years -90
Live at Donington - 93
(From here to eternity? - the videos - US only) - 93
Raising hell - 1993
Rock in Rio - 2002
Classic albums - TNOTB - 2002
Visions of the beast - 2003

Checked on metal-archives.com and apparently it's coming out November 1st - week on Monday! No news on the official website though?

Tour dates are beginning to be announced on the website though! :D

From the website details:

The new double DVD, The Early Days, covers the period of the first four classic albums – Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind – and this gives us a fantastic opportunity to give the fans a set with lots of materiel from those great albums. Every time we announce a tour there's wide speculation among the fans as to which songs will be performed and it's always hard to please everyone as they all have their personal favorites but this time we're going to be including some songs which we haven't played for quite some time which I'm sure will get our fans very excited.

*trying to suck my own dick right now*

early november will be great:

2 - slayer dvd
5 - me bday ;)
8 - maiden dvd
9 - megadeth/exodus live
10 - slayer live

wheeepeee

lurch70 said:
early november will be great:

2 - slayer dvd
5 - me bday ;)
8 - maiden dvd
9 - megadeth/exodus live
10 - slayer live

wheeepeee
It really is 1986 all over again!! And also, don't you need to vote in the middle of all that somewhere?

SLAYER - Still Reigning ...
basically a full show from the last tour, the original members doing the whole RIB plus another 6-8 tracks ... all old shit .. pre-South of Heaven

Oh yeah ... will pick up the Slayer DVD and go vote ... then play Angel of Death as Bush "hopefully" gets his ass kicked.

I guess I'll have to pick that up :saint: Live At The Warfield (was that the name?) bored me somewhat, but I don't think I can pass up a full Reign In Blood :cool:

did anyone pick this up yet? How is it?

JK, Maiden superfan #1 ... surely must have this by now :D :loco:

I got it. Good price too--like 17 or 18 bucks.

As expected, it kicks all kinds of ass. I've watched all the live footage and am in the middle of the documentary now. Some of the quality isn't the best, but its old stuff and is as good as can be expected.
I'm writing a review for this now. Bottom line, this is way too fucking good to even think twice about getting.