Maiden's 2008 World Tour & DVD Details

Is it safe to say that a big Maiden outing is in order for this tour in NY/NJ? The tailgate parties are always fun. Would you come up for this Jason? Perhaps bring Jim and Scott along? (Are they still in PA?)

Is it safe to say that a big Maiden outing is in order for this tour in NY/NJ? The tailgate parties are always fun. Would you come up for this Jason?

In a blue second. Don't even hesitate to count me in. I'm in.

JayKeeley said:
Perhaps bring Jim and Scott along? (Are they still in PA?)

Haven't talked to either one in a long time - just kind of fell out of touch after I moved with Jim and after Scott went into the seminary (though he's out with live in girlfriend now, go figure). I wouldn't be opposed to trying though.

Jason

In a blue second. Don't even hesitate to count me in. I'm in.

sheeyat, we may as well make a whole weekend out of it! :headbang:

Think about it, this is the tour we've all been waiting for. Normally when the older bands play nostalgia tours, it's the vocalist who always lets the band down. You know, guitars don;t really go out of tune. :loco: Anyway, in reviewing recent Maiden footage on youtube, Bruce Dickinson is on fire ESPECIALLY when singing the old stuff. His recent rendition of "Where Eagles Dare" is outstanding, and that has to be a near impossible song to sing.

since the first concert I ever attended was Maiden during the SIT tour ... count me in for nostalgia night and singalongs.

sheeyat, we may as well make a whole weekend out of it! :headbang:

Sounds like a plan to me. :RAWK:

JK said:
Think about it, this is the tour we've all been waiting for.

I already have thought about it and agree a squillion fold. Absolutely positively no way I'm missing out on this baby.

JK said:
Normally when the older bands play nostalgia tours, it's the vocalist who always lets the band down. You know, guitars don;t really go out of tune. :loco: Anyway, in reviewing recent Maiden footage on youtube, Bruce Dickinson is on fire ESPECIALLY when singing the old stuff. His recent rendition of "Where Eagles Dare" is outstanding, and that has to be a near impossible song to sing.

There's a lot of truth in those statements. I think Dickinson has retained his pipes as well (if not better than almost anyone in metal history). Dio would be the only other major league vocalist I can think of that has aged nearly as gracefully.

Was just listening to rime of the ancient mariner... decided that if I saw this live I would have a stroke. Toooooooooooo awesome of a song.

Also, Moonchild should be the opening track for this tour. I always thought it would be the best track to open a Maiden show.