Iron Maiden 2008 Tour!

I got lucky with the Heaven and Hell tour dates. I live in St. Pete, so I get to see them in 6 days. So, they didn't completely bypass the South. But yes it would be a long drive for anyone from Atlanta or north of there. It is at least doable if people wanted to do the road trip. I just don't see it for Maiden though. I don't believe they do long US tours anymore. I may think about flying out to one of the dates if isn't too expensive. My first Maiden concert was on the Somewhere in Time tour. Brings back good memories.

Speedy1838: Good show. Go see H&H. I was lucky to see them when they passed through l.a. last time around along with MEGADETH. I would have gone to see them for their 2nd round of shows as they are coming near L.A. next month with QUEENSRYCHE and ALICE COOPER..... but that show falls on the same day as PROGPOWER.... You have that opportunity. See Heaven & Hell. We may never again have this opportunity.

SPeedy/Mystix: I hope you guys will take the road trip for Maiden next year. I hear the pOWERSLAVE tour in 83-84 was outstanding. I was too young and broke back then to have seen them.

Speedy1838: Good show. Go see H&H. I was lucky to see them when they passed through l.a. last time around along with MEGADETH. I would have gone to see them for their 2nd round of shows as they are coming near L.A. next month with QUEENSRYCHE and ALICE COOPER..... but that show falls on the same day as PROGPOWER.... You have that opportunity. See Heaven & Hell. We may never again have this opportunity.

SPeedy/Mystix: I hope you guys will take the road trip for Maiden next year. I hear the pOWERSLAVE tour in 83-84 was outstanding. I was too young and broke back then to have seen them.

I saw the POWERSLAVE tour in Waco, Texas back in '84 and I can
attest it was totally kick ass! :kickass: The last time I saw them was on the SOMEWHERE IN TIME tour in Austin (another great one). I'll be doing whatever it takes to see 'em this time around!!!

According to the press release, first they are going all over the planet in the special plane to 20 cities, then they are spending six weeks or so in just North America, so I would think that they will make plenty of stops all over the U.S.

Of course, being in SoCal, I am hoping that one of those first 20 cities is Los Angeles and then I get them again on the main North American tour. I missed them the last few times because they sold out quicker than I anticipated last year and the year before they were part of some traveling tour filled with bands I have zero interest in that enriches Sharon Osbourne.

According to the promo poster on the website, they will be focusing on the first seven (studio) albums. I would assume they are leaning more toward Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, and Somewhere In Time, since the first four albums were covered in the previous tour. They could just play Seventh Son and most of Powerslave through and then Wasted Years and Stranger In a Strange Land and I'd be pretty happy.