Iron Maiden finishes recording new album

Anyone notice that Brave New World must have been written for Blaze to sing on? It has all the repetitive song lyrics like both X Factor and Virtual XI have. (you hear a lot of this in Blaze's solo work as well). This 3 album period may be my favorite Maiden period. That being said, I am just as big of Maiden with either Bruce or Blaze singing.

From Wikipedia:
"The Nomad", "Dream of Mirrors", and "The Mercenary" were originally written for Virtual XI, according to Adrian Smith in an interview. He said there was a fourth song, but he didn't know which one it was and that Steve Harris did not remember either. Apparently, former singer Blaze Bayley also co-wrote "Dream of Mirrors", but wasn't credited.

I like the last three albums, although DoD is my favorite. But I think that the Bruce solo stuff is even better than the three albums Maiden has released since the reunion:
Accident of Birth>Brave New World
The Chemical Wedding>Dance of Death
Tyranny of Souls>A Matter of Life and Death

Completely agree. I'd even go as far to say that these albums, especially The Chemical Wedding is on par with anything from Maiden's back catalog.

I love every song off of Brave New World, it's just so incredibly melodic.
Dance of Death has a lot of filler, but some great songs (Montsegeur, Dance of Death, Paschendale, No More Lies) and I really love Age of Innocence...to me it's one of the most melodic and catchy songs they have done since Wasted Years...well Out of the Silent Planet is really infectious too.
AMOLAD - I loved The Longest Day and Pilgrim, but some of it sounded recycled (IE These Colors Don't Run, Out of the Shadows).
I love the Rock in Rio DVD because of how much Brave New World tracks they play. Ghost of Navigator FTW.

I love every song off of Brave New World, it's just so incredibly melodic.
Dance of Death has a lot of filler, but some great songs (Montsegeur, Dance of Death, Paschendale, No More Lies) and I really love Age of Innocence...to me it's one of the most melodic and catchy songs they have done since Wasted Years...well Out of the Silent Planet is really infectious too.
AMOLAD - I loved The Longest Day and Pilgrim, but some of it sounded recycled (IE These Colors Don't Run, Out of the Shadows).
I love the Rock in Rio DVD because of how much Brave New World tracks they play. Ghost of Navigator FTW.

See and I seem to be one of the few that liked AMOLAD and I hated the Pilgrim. It seemed to me like they were trying to recreate the Trooper. Off that disc I like the major epics. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and The Legacy.

Put me down as a massive Brave New World fan. Has probably made its way into my Maiden Top 4. I enjoyed the last two, but not nearly as much as BNW.

Put me down as a massive Brave New World fan. Has probably made its way into my Maiden Top 4. I enjoyed the last two, but not nearly as much as BNW.

I don't get this. While I've said I like AMOLAD, I would say none of the albums since they reunited are even on the same level as their 80s output, minus No Prayer for the Dying but add Fear of the Dark.

Just personal preference. I love all those 80s albums, so it's not like I'm dissing them. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the effect BNW had on me at the time it came out: Bruce was back and I was re-energized in my Maiden fandom. Could also be because I was 10 feet away from the stage for this tour (compared to my only other Maiden show, nosebleed seats for a No Prayer For The Dying arena show), which is still one of the best concert experiences I've every had. Put all that together and I end up spinning this album about 4th most out of Maiden collection.

Ghost of Navigator and Out Of The Silent Planet are two of my favorite Maiden songs. Heck, I even ended up reading the book Out Of The Silent Planet due to this song (though I don't think they are related beyond the title).

I can definitely see people's point about the repetitive choruses.

Just personal preference. I love all those 80s albums, so it's not like I'm dissing them. Maybe a lot of it has to do with the effect BNW had on me at the time it came out: Bruce was back and I was re-energized in my Maiden fandom. Could also be because I was 10 feet away from the stage for this tour (compared to my only other Maiden show, noosebleed seats for a No Prayer For The Dying arena show), which is still one of the best concert experiences I've every had. Put all that together and I end up spinning this album about 4th most out of Maiden collection.

Ghost of Navigator and Out Of The Silent Planet are two of my favorite Maiden songs. Heck, I even ended up reading the book Out Of The Silent Planet due to this song (though I don't think they are related beyond the title).

I can definitely see people's point about the repetitive choruses.

Understandable.

One song that I find very underrated on BNW is The Thin Line Between Love And Hate. The largely instrumental section from 5:40 to the end is great, including the two instances where Bruce sings the title of the track (the thin liiiiiiiiiine between looove and haaate), just fantastic.