New Iron Maiden record is recorded!

agreed that DOD and AMOLAD were boring. the songs are too long and were is the metal. sounds like bad dream theater tunes with bruce singing

Matt, I believe we seldom agree, but that's EXACTLY how I feel about the last two albums. Kind of spooky, isn't it? o_O (besides with Kevin Shirley as producer, what else we can expect?)

Well, with Wyv onboard I sometimes don't have to write anything :D
I cannot express the lack of excitement for this news...

It's funny, many times you and me were like tuned on the same wavelenght even if a great distance separates us. Also spooky :p

sounds like bad dream theater tunes with bruce singing

This implies there are good Dream Theater songs. :heh::p

I saw them 5 times from Powerslave through No Prayer For the Dying (2x on SIT), and another 5 times since BNW (3x on BNW). I haven't been too impressed with anything since BNW, but I will definitely check it out. I wanted to like AMOLAD, but it never happened. TRoBB was a good track, but not much else stuck...

I do not like DOD at all.

also can someone tell iron maiden repeating 1 line 50 times in a song doesn't make it a chorus

dream theater has some good tunes but you have to go back over a decade to find them

Not really IMO. "Octavarium" is a very good album and the song itself is fucking brilliant Floydian prog. SC would have been a great album but tracks 3-4 screw the whole, nevertheless "The Ministry Of Lost Souls" and "Prophets Of War" are astounding songs. Same with the last effort, as a whole is weak but "Wither" and "The Best Of Times" are above the rest most definitively.

Brave New World - 9/10
Dance of Death - 6/10
AMOLAD - 7/10

All these albums have something to like but BNW is classic Maiden along with Powerslave, 7th son, Somewhere In time, TNOB and POM.

Not really IMO. "Octavarium" is a very good album and the song itself is fucking brilliant Floydian prog. SC would have been a great album but tracks 3-4 screw the whole, nevertheless "The Ministry Of Lost Souls" and "Prophets Of War" are astounding songs. Same with the last effort, as a whole is weak but "Wither" and "The Best Of Times" are above the rest most definitively.

I love almost every Dream Theater album and Loved Black CLouds as well.

God, I would sell my soul for a preview listen to this album.

I hope it is as good as AMOLAD... if it is, I am gonna be so happy!

Hmm... I quite liked AMOLAD, DOD was alright, BNW was pretty good. Hopefully the production isn't horribly mediocre like AMOLAD.

Looking forward to this.

Yeah...the production is what has irked me with the last three albums. I think the material on BNW was some of thier best, yet the guitars were a little thin...better production though than what came after it. DOD seemed horribly produced imo, though two gems surfaced in Paschendale and Montsegur . For some reason I just can't get into AMOLAD, even though I believe Maiden is at thier usual best when playing war / epic material...strange? I do however enjoy the bonus dvd that showed the recording process of AMOLAD.

BLASPHEMY! Sure they are becoming old bastards but Nikko has always been the coolest mofo and is still a bad-ass drummer! Realistically...sure the end is soon near.:erk:

Comming from my perspective, the raw production of AMOLAD beats DOD's butchered mix any day.

Has Kevin Shirely made any comments about his plans on the production of their next album? I sure hope he doesn't give in to pressure to make this record too loud.

Comming from my perspective, the raw production of AMOLAD beats DOD's butchered mix any day.

Has Kevin Shirely made any comments about his plans on the production of their next album? I sure hope he doesn't give in to pressure to make this record too loud.

I hope not, but then again they went with a "No Mastering" policy on the last one. I assume they'll do the same again.

It's funny, when we recorded our album [see link in sig if you're curious] we used AMOLAD as a benchmark for production in the studio. And I can say, with a great deal of humility, that ours utterly crushes the production of the last Maiden disc. We also used their mastering as a basic level for our own.

It just hit me. They're touring with DT this summer, wonder if Kevin had anything to do with it...
d015.gif

From their website:
IRON MAIDEN are pleased to announce that their forthcoming new studio album will be called 'THE FINAL FRONTIER', and is expected be released late summer of this year.

The announcement comes with news of a North American Tour with Very Special Guests Dream Theater to open in Dallas, Texas, on 9th June and finish in Washington D.C. on 20th July, making it Maiden's most extensive North American tour in many years.

Following these shows in USA and Canada The Final Frontier World Tour will travel back to Europe for a few selected major festival and stadium shows with the band planning to continue to many other countries in 2011 (full currently confirmed dates below)...
see the website for more info
http://www.ironmaiden.com/