kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Why Maiden Rules

Iron Maiden
The Essential Iron Maiden [CD]

Only $18.98 (24% off) PRE-ORDER NOWLEGACY RECORDINGS
MORE INFO >
Their live shows are legendary; they have legions of loyal die-hard fans; they've sold over 55 million albums worldwide; and they travel in the company of a 12-foot zombie. Often imitated, but never surpassed, Iron Maiden has reigned supreme in the world of heavy metal for over three decades. From edgy, aggressive pub rockers to arena headlines, Iron Maiden were and are one of the most influential bands of their genre. This year - 25 years after the release of their self-titled debut album - the band will be on the road with OZZFEST 2005, where they will be performing songs from their first four albums. Thanks to these metal masters, Legacy Recordings's Essential series just got a whole lot LOUDER! Legacy Recordings is proud to announce the release of The Essential Iron Maiden, a true career-spanning collection from one of East London's finest exports. From the early Paul Di'Anno-fronted classics, through the Bruce Dickinson glory days and the power of the Blaze Bayley period, to the Brave New World reunion and last year's epic Dance of Death release, this incredible 2 CD set features 27 of Maiden's finest moments and even includes a previously unreleased track from the "Dance of Death" tour. Look for The Essential Iron Maiden to hit US stores beginning on July 12th :hotjump: :headbang:

Hmm I got the essential Maiden already... all album 1980-1988 :D

sixxswine said:
They are in line with KISS for the most Best of collections with the same old bullshit on them...
Try recording some new material & dropping that load Jannick from the band, okay?!
Scorpions still rule in my book for that. I was so disappointed that the new box set didn't have any unreleased stuff. :erk:

sixxswine said:
They are in line with KISS for the most Best of collections with the same old bullshit on them...
Try recording some new material & dropping that load Jannick from the band, okay?!

oh shit i hope you're joking. janick is amazing man, DOD and BNW were masterpieces! hahah i find it funny youd like him kicked, hes the man!

and they do have quite a few different songs on here. and what ive been told from few people who have connections is that maiden doesnt put out Best Ofs to change stuff, but to add onto them from the new albums, at least what ive come to understand the most popular songs and the songs most people can identify with are the singles (give or a take a few) so this is what the record producer wants on it, and im sure they want to connect with more fans as well.

sixxswine said:

I second that. Sixxi for president! :headbang:

Another "Piece Of Mind" or close the store :Spin:

No-Mercy said:
oh shit i hope you're joking. janick is amazing man, DOD and BNW were masterpieces! hahah i find it funny youd like him kicked, hes the man!

Kicked out?! I wasn't joking there!!! I bet you didn't know that they have the techs turn the power off his wireless unit when they hit the stage?!:tickled:
Seriously, there isn't much positive that I can say about that "tapeworm."
I'll hand it to him, he leached his way into the band & he's milking it for
all he can. How many mediocre guitar players do you know that replace a popular member & still reatin their gig after the member returns?! Not many.
Just what the hell kind of leverage does he have over Harris & Dickinson?
Does he have some naughty pics of those two?! What?!:tickled:

Whoah!
Loaded topic, this one is!

First off, I think it sounds like everybody was a little hard on KB for this one. Though I don't think anybody was bashing her, she points out the Maiden best of and everybody's shooting it down like Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel plane as the WWII Flying ace! I just may buy this thing...I agree that it is useless to collectors and completists, (as are all the KISS best of releases...but at least the box set had a shitload of rarities) but to the casual fan or even the lifelong Maiden fan who has lost or sold many of his releases over the years...the 2cd Maiden best of would be much easier to pick up than 20 albums....and if there is new artwork, lineres, etc. it could be cool.

Secondly, SIXXSWINE always busts some killer shit! I have always thought Gers was a total waste of a paycheck (a HIRED GUN!) and I fully agree with the Swine that he leached his way into the band and milked it for all it's worth! hahahaha What a freakin' jagball this guy is...He must suck a REAL mean dick to have stayed in the band this long!

just my opinion

and by the way, I'm not dogging Maiden....I'll buy the damn thing...just hate Gers...

but then again, I like Lyle Lovett!

sometome told me they read an interview with Adrian a while ago and he said "janick is an amazing guitar player, and i left maiden so it was my choice. i told em i wasnt coming back if he was going to be kicked out". something like that, i have no idea how accurate that is though.

tedvanfrehley said:
Whoah!
Loaded topic, this one is!

First off, I think it sounds like everybody was a little hard on KB for this one. Though I don't think anybody was bashing her, she points out the Maiden best of and everybody's shooting it down like Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel plane as the WWII Flying ace!

How Sweet TVF.. :wave: ....though I took none of it personally. To each his own...

No-Mercy said:
oh shit i hope you're joking. janick is amazing man, DOD and BNW were masterpieces!

Hmmm...If those two were masterpieces, what would you call e.g. Powerslave?! Über-masterpiece? :D
BNW is an okay album for me, but I've quickly grown tired by it, it didn't keep my attention high for too long. DOD is a horrible album and now forms an unholy Maiden trinity in my book with X and XI albums. Only albums (other than those from the 80s, that is...) I still have any wish to spin now and then are NPFTD and FOTD.

hahah i find it funny youd like him kicked, hes the man!

I really cannot see Janick's purpose in the band other than being a stage clown running around and murdering those fine solos made by the other two when they let him play them... Yes, he's okay to see onstage, but what comes out of the speakers is not at all pleasing.
Gers has always been a thorn in my ear, I really never understood what made them get such a mediocre player.

and they do have quite a few different songs on here. and what ive been told from few people who have connections is that maiden doesnt put out Best Ofs to change stuff, but to add onto them from the new albums

It's only a crappy excuse to market a "new" release and to gather some more cash...

at least what ive come to understand the most popular songs and the songs most people can identify with are the singles (give or a take a few) so this is what the record producer wants on it, and im sure they want to connect with more fans as well.

The real fans of Maiden need no freaking "best of" collection, cause they have all of their albums which they like. Maiden aren't some pop shit with a few hit singles, they are a landmark band in their genre and in possession of several masterpiece releases, very few can boast with such facts.
BTW record producer is non-existant on best-of CDs, the producers work on albums. Best ofs are simply a collection of finished hits by some band, which have of course been produced earlier when the album was recorded...