maiden is sooo cheesy

Bryant said:
That is very true. Cheese is in the eye or ear of the beholder.

Bryant

I don't think that it could have been said better. There is some power I like of course Maiden, Helloween (, Walls of jericho, keeper of keys..), Dio, and Malmsteen. But now when I hear the phrase power metal, I think of Hammerfall and the endless bands like that. I think there cheezy but then quite allot of people think everything I like is. It depends on the person. My mate is obssesed with power metal, drives me insane. We ALWAYS argue about music. For years we have been fighting about stupid shit, the main one, he claims that WASP is better then Priest. HAH! That just makes be laugh, I don't even feel the two are comparible.

No way! Look at the time each started, WASP was influenced by priest. Not to mention how many more albums they released. KK and Glen blow Blackie and Holmes away! My boyfriend would laugh so hard if he seen this, he would really get a kick out it. I should just shut up know because I don't think anyone is better than Priest. That is why we argue because I'm so hard headed. Well I have the perfect combination, Swedish, German, Finnish, and Native. WASP is a great band though. I like their covers too.

Sinner Rider said:
No way! Look at the time each started, WASP was influenced by priest. Not to mention how many more albums they released. KK and Glen blow Blackie and Holmes away! My boyfriend would laugh so hard if he seen this, he would really get a kick out it. I should just shut up know because I don't think anyone is better than Priest. That is why we argue because I'm so hard headed. Well I have the perfect combination, Swedish, German, Finnish, and Native. WASP is a great band though. I like their covers too.

Granted Wasp started after Priest .... But for me and this is prolly just my opinion ofcourse .... I was a Wasp fan LONG before I was a priest fan I didnt get into priest untill about 1999 lol I hated Rabs voice with a passion and anybody else that sang high like that too .... of course I have long gotten over that but I still think wasp is better ...... hahaha its ok if your hardheaded as long as you dont let it rule you lol .... I'm Scottish,Irish, and French ...lol talk about a Toxic combo!

Crazy combo, my family still speaks a little of native tongue. It's wierd because I'm an American yet I always have people approch me and ask me where I'm from. It's bothersome, it's cause I have black hair naturally yet don't look spainsh I'm just a small amount Native American. I don't look it but have the slight skin tone. It' funny it may have somthing to do with my Thor's hammer tattoo, haha.

Sinner Rider said:
Crazy combo, my family still speaks a little of native tongue. It's wierd because I'm an American yet I always have people approch me and ask me where I'm from. It's bothersome, it's cause I have black hair naturally yet don't look spainsh I'm just a small amount Native American. I don't look it but have the slight skin tone. It' funny it may have somthing to do with my Thor's hammer tattoo, haha.

(Not a perverted Question) Where is your Tat located? How big is it? The french Part came over 2 generationas ago and the Scot & Irish parts have been here for a couple hundred years .... in other words I'm a Mutt Vermonter :D .... Black hair ... Slight skin tone .... sounds like sinner might be pretty :loco:

I'll post a pic up when I get my scanner hooked up. I don't think I'm anything special but I do recieve attention. Most unwanted, I was going to do this retared modeling thing but then I actually though about. Plus my tat's, yes I have few, I have an Norse/icelandic band that is around my arm hard to explain, not manly but not something a chick would not usually get. Then I have the everyday chick spot on my lower back but it's really cool. Their dragon eyes that extend slightly up my back and down, they have awesome color with red in the eyes. I have yet two others both small one on the butt, and one on my hand. They show who I'am, a dork that loves Vikings and Fantasy, yet a bit of a rebel. Always wanted to get an Eddie tat.

Sinner Rider said:
I'll post a pic up when I get my scanner hooked up. I don't think I'm anything special but I do recieve attention. Most unwanted, I was going to do this retared modeling thing but then I actually though about. Plus my tat's, yes I have few, I have an Norse/icelandic band that is around my arm hard to explain, not manly but not something a chick would not usually get. Then I have the everyday chick spot on my lower back but it's really cool. Their dragon eyes that extend slightly up my back and down, they have awesome color with red in the eyes. I have yet two others both small one on the butt, and one on my hand. They show who I'am, a dork that loves Vikings and Fantasy, yet a bit of a rebel. Always wanted to get an Eddie tat.

hehehe cool ... and dun worry even if you are pretty I wont harass you about it lol your Tats sound pretty cool you have more than I do I just Have a Pentagram on my upper left arm ..... but thats cool I'm glad your tats show who you are ..... and if your a dork for that fuck it its cool!

Wicked Child said:
I wasn't attacking what you said, i was merely just voicing my opinion on the subject, since it IS about cheese. I never had any intention on making you look like you don't like them or something.

Oh, that reply wasnt meant for you, although I did make it seem so, it was that as a whole (all the replies) it kind of made it sound like that. It started as a reply for you but it strayed away and blahblahblah, you understand

ps, manowar is the shit, I didn't know people didn't like them until I read posts in this site.

Please somebody explain me something, how power has something has to be to be power?

Examples of songs fast, furious, melodic if that ain't power enough...

Riot - 'Warrior' (1977)
Deep Purple - 'Highway Star' (1973)
Black Sabbath - 'Paranoid' (1972)
Judas Priest - 'Tyrant' (1976)
Judas Priest - 'Starbreaker' (1977)
Judas Priest - 'Exciter' (1978)
Iron Maiden - 'Purgatory' (1981)

I can continue, but when is the first Helloween album, when the first Helstar album. What about Metal Church (they're thrash to me, but many consider them power)?

Everything (cheese included) is indeed in the ear of the beholder.

The saYer said:
Oh, that reply wasnt meant for you, although I did make it seem so, it was that as a whole (all the replies) it kind of made it sound like that. It started as a reply for you but it strayed away and blahblahblah, you understand

ps, manowar is the shit, I didn't know people didn't like them until I read posts in this site.
Oh....well, ok then! And i know i'm gonna get shit for this, but...i own exactly one Manowar album, "Kings Of Metal". There are exactly 3 songs i like on that album, and i must say, i couldn't care less for the rest of the album.

Well the way I see it if everybody else doesnt like em ...... its because the albums are to good lol I dont know ..... I tend to hear something .... I dont know ..... But Anyway Into Glory Ride!!!!! fucking trust me ....... Gates of Vahalla is fucking incredible

JonnyD said:
Well the way I see it if everybody else doesnt like em ...... its because the albums are to good lol I dont know ..... I tend to hear something .... I dont know ..... But Anyway Into Glory Ride!!!!! fucking trust me ....... Gates of Vahalla is fucking incredible
maaaaybe......I mean thosre three songs i like off of Kings Of Metal kick major fuckin' ass, but i got other albums ahead of Into Glory Ride, so it'll have to wait.

Man im sorry but everytime someone mentions manowar it reminds me of a show I saw in indy in 2002 after watching only 25 mins of greatness aka immortal manowar came on stage all oiled up with a Stonehenge background and a thunder and lightning intro I lasted three songs until I ran out of the venue laughing my ass off cause they were so cheesy I would say another word but im going to be civil hahahaha

Reactions: Wyvern