Iron Maiden Reissues...

Endtime

Jun 15, 2001
USA
Visit site
I never thought I'd do this, but I am so tempted to buy more Maiden reissues. I got into them awhile ago and I originally intented on buying the Raw Power reissues. Now they have the Sanctuary Reissues that come in limited edition LP style casing. Also, they have a deal where you turn in $6.66 and six Eddie stickers and you'll get their demo on CD. So far, I bought Fear of the Dark and No Prayer For the Dying, but I've thought about having a complete Maiden discography in the LP-style cases. However, it would be dumb to throw away the money. Here's what I have so far in terms of the Raw Power reissues:
S/T
Killers
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

The Maiden stuff I don't have, I'll buy on that limited LP style casing. But either way, Iron Maiden fucking rules and no metal collection is complete without them! :headbang: But what would you guys say about this? I think I should just keep my collection the way it is, but it would be cool to have those collector's items.

I really want to get either the Raw Power reissues or Sanctuary LP style reissues. I have some older ones but need to get more Maiden. I don't have much cash right now so I am torn between finishing my collection with the Raw Power reissues or going with the LP style reissues. :confused:

I don't know what to do, but I might stick with just completing my Maiden discography with the LP style cases and if I want all of them to be in that type of casing, I'll just trade off the Raw Power ones.

I really don't see much in the way of extras on these reissues. They're basically video clips and some interactive multimedia shit you get from the Raw Power reissues. If you already have the entire Maiden discography, then don't waste your time and money on these reissues. But if you're a die hard Maiden fan, then you might wanna get the reissues that come in the LP-style cases. I think I'm gonna keep my collection the way it is and not worry about buying those special edition cases. Today, I bought Virtual IX, The X Factor, Live in Donnington, and A Real Live One all in the LP style cases. Now that I have 6 Eddie sticker coins, I can send away for the Demo CD! Tr00 kvlt!

"it's just a waste of money, do they offer anything more than the last reissues?"

Not really. You get the same multimedia shit you got from the Raw Power reissues. The regular CDs have those worthless cardboard slipcases and the artwork looks like it was slightly enhanced, IMO. Same artwork, but looks slightly better than the Raw Power reissues. I haven't noticed any changes or improvements in the production.

Regardless, if you already have the Maiden CDs, don't throw away more money on these reissues unless you're a die hard collector and you want the discs in those LP style cases.

I'm sure they will reissue their entire catalog once again: perhaps subsequently to another studio album, or after the next three live albums, or in about five years… whichever comes first.

Got 'em all... some Raw Power reissues, some original issue CD's. I'm not collecting anything, so I'm not too concerned with having a matching set. As long as the music rocks, then I'm happy.

No, I take that back, I got the fuck rid of The X Factor, and Virtual XI ... Blaze Baily can suck a cock. The dude blows as a vocalist. Thank God Bruce came back.