metal songs that could be #1 on the pop charts

poundingmetal74 said:
Fates Warning - Life in Still Water

This is one of my favorite songs EVER, and I always felt it could have been a total hit. Hell, 'Parallels' could have been HUGE if FW was ever able to get more exposure.

too early on Monday for accessing the memory banks, but I will agree that Rainmaker is extremely catchy

Break Zero said:
This is one of my favorite songs EVER, and I always felt it could have been a total hit. Hell, 'Parallels' could have been HUGE if FW was ever able to get more exposure.

Agreed! Life in Still Water is what got me into FW (I thought it was a Ryche song!)

Eye to Eye and Point of View should have been bigger hits than they were.

Fangface said:
Most Stryper's material :D

Well actually if you consider it for a moment most of 80's glam metal (or hair metal for some taggers) was pretty much designed for radio playing and therefore more pop oriented than other sub-genres.

It came to me today when I was having lunch with Mom at a restaurant (average type) and the radio although low in volume discernible played Fleetwood Mac ('Rhiannon'), Beatles ('I Want To Hold Your Hand) and Cinderella (Nobody's Fool). I was surprised actually by Cinderella since it turned my attention from chomping my sandwich :lol: and this thread came to mind at the point.

Of course I would have been much more surprised (and probably choke on my meal) if they would have been playing Cannibal Corpse :heh:

Which took me to another anecdote. Last weekend after the concert we ended late at the only available place to eat in town an old cafe downtown frequented by people of the night, taxi drivers, and so. The place have a rockolla (modern one digital, no old 45s oh well) and there was a table next to it with patrons playing some crappy latin pop. As soon as we arrived (and you can imagine our attire :cool: ) we decided the music wasn't satisfactory, so as soon as we could we put some money on it and order: Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Metallica and Pink Floyd (as far as I can recall). You can imagine the face on the people on the table next to it (which curiously soon departed, wonder why? :Smug: ). Even the waitress was pissed off (as if we care, we were paying for our consumption).

After us some guys put some lating pop rock and afterwards the waitress really pissed turn off the machine :lol: . My point finally is why to have that music on a rockolla if you don't want the people to listen to it? You can simply purge the music and order whatever suits for your business, isn't it? But the fact was that good metal was there among pop music ready to be listened for whoever wants to put the money in.

Well that dawn in the middle of downtown San José, Costa Rica I know what was #1: 'Mr. Crowley', 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', 'Painkiller', 'You Shook Me All Night Long', 'Master Of Puppets' and 'Learning to Fly' :headbang:

Wyvern said:
Me! It's easy to like the place when you are just visiting it, but I won't recommend to anyone to live here more than a year much less 33 :erk:

Well i plan to buy a home there someday (probably a condo) but not live there year round.. just for when im in town... why don't you move out of CR Wyv? ... the girls in CR are freaking gorgeous... mamma mia lol :kickass:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
why don't you move out of CR Wyv? ... the girls in CR are freaking gorgeous...

1) I'm trying
2) Sure if you have been in a Vietcong prison for 20 years any girl will look gorgeous :lol: