maiden is sooo cheesy

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
first of all let me say that I am not knocking iron maiden, I like them, but they are so cheesy and no one ever mentions that. I mean I heard power metal is cheesy and that dio is cheesy, but to me Iron maiden will always be the cheesiest. Power meatal groups really have to dress and write cheesily, but maiden, they dont even try and they are. Just looking at them play at shows, looking at their cd booklets. I even thought the lyrics were cheesy, but they really arent, maiden made it look so, if the same lyrics were sang by some other band, it would just sound normal.
Any thoughts?

Hawk said:
baldyboy you want some wine with that gorgonzola? :lol:
Mamma mia, gnnochi al gorgonzola with a good white wine. A nice big titted redhead as company, and Iron Maiden playing 'Infinite Dreams'...and of course that's the clue and you wake up!
19.gif

you see what I mean, maiden is cool and sooo cheesy, but no one ever says so, people rather talk about gorgonzola than to even mention maiden being cheesy, so far no one has said the opposite though. But it is too easy to use the word cheesy before power metal.

The saYer said:
first of all let me say that I am not knocking iron maiden, I like them, but they are so cheesy and no one ever mentions that. I mean I heard power metal is cheesy and that dio is cheesy, but to me Iron maiden will always be the cheesiest. Power meatal groups really have to dress and write cheesily, but maiden, they dont even try and they are. Just looking at them play at shows, looking at their cd booklets. I even thought the lyrics were cheesy, but they really arent, maiden made it look so, if the same lyrics were sang by some other band, it would just sound normal.
Any thoughts?
Are you saying that Angel Dust and Metal Church and Tad Morose, Accept etc. etc. are cheesy ? You must have a very narrow definition of what "power metal" is. I don't think Maiden is cheesy at all, but I think they were probably more famous than they deserved to be.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Are you saying that Angel Dust and Metal Church and Tad Morose, Accept etc. etc. are cheesy ? You must have a very narrow definition of what "power metal" is. I don't think Maiden is cheesy at all, but I think they were probably more famous than they deserved to be.

Bryant

Right you are ..... Though virtual had some cheese man that angel and the gambler :ill: I loved X-Factor but that song uggggg

im not saying iron maiden is bad, in fact theyre one of my favorite bands but they are pretty cheesy sometimes. especially a lot of their videos, but i guess most 80s videos were cheesy as hell. but that cheesiness is not a bad thing at all, all those eighties videos look like they were fun as hell to make and usually theyre somewhat entertaining, more than can be said for todays videos. theres no say someone can watch the run to the hills, number of the beast, women in uniform, or can i play with madness videos and say they arent cheesy. but having said that each of those videos are still great. but as far as that goes sammy hagar is a lot more cheesy than iron maiden just because of that I cant drive fifty five video. thats the cheesiest thing ever made.

Iron Maiden cheesy? My ass. Manowar is cheese. DEATH TO FALSE METAL! What a joke. I can't believe some people take them seriously.

MURAI said:
Iron Maiden cheesy? My ass. Manowar is cheese. DEATH TO FALSE METAL! What a joke. I can't believe some people take them seriously.
Yeah I have questioned that myself several times. I like Goddess Of Desire but I know they know they are spoofing themselves. I like Majesty because as cheesy as they are I can stand them better than Manowar.

The problem with cheesines is in the eye of the beholder. And it change from band to band and fan to fan.

I find Iron Maiden 'Wasted Love' (or whatver that song is named) very cheesy and unworhty of them, the same with 'Wildest Dreams' (which pissed me enough not to get DOD I feel they have lost their edge).

I find Yngwie Malsmteen ballads from "Eclipse" up today awfully cheesy. On the other hand I find old Scorpions ballads very cool, but 'Still Loving You' is a giant Edam ball.

Van Halen, Aerosmith, all glam/hair bands (sorry Trixx) are extremely cheesy to my taste. Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Skylark are cheesy to my taste. Black metal bands in corpsepaint are cheesier than limburguer (and they stink too), but again is my opinion and can not reflect the general believe, another fan attitude or the trends th band try to impose and/or follow.

What's cheese for me is caviar for another and viceversa. In the end we are all hungry for metal :lol:

some one please describe power metal to me. Maiden is not power metal, Hammerfall is. There is a big difference is sound. It seems that every one thinks that if the singer can sing it's power metal, but if he can't sing then it's death metal. Some one please explain why Maiden is power metal.

Frankly, i couldn't give a rat's ass what's cheesy or not. If it sounds good to my ears, that's all that matters. If a band sounded awesome, but wore ballet tu-tu's, while holding swords and shields, and dancing like fairies, screaming "Fairies, dragons, knights and Rainbows!!!"I honestly wouldn't care. Who really gives a damn whether a band is cheesy or not? I don't and that REALLY makes a factor on how the music sounds to you, i personally find that just a bit shallow.

funny we're talking about maiden and cheese while everybody raves about the darkness.you could melt them and dip breadsticks in em!(some of my mates wouldnt mind doing that actually!).i guess thats part of thier charm though.is it cheesy if its meant to be cheesy,or only if the cheese is unintentional?
pineapple and cocktail sticks anyone?

MURAI said:

I cant help myself I love Manowar .... and I couldnt give a shit who likes it or not ..... Manowar makes me puff my chest out and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything! its powerful ..... and if nobody else gets that My ass is yours to kiss!

JonnyD said:
I cant help myself I love Manowar .... and I couldnt give a shit who likes it or not ..... Manowar makes me puff my chest out and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything! its powerful ..... and if nobody else gets that My ass is yours to kiss!

spoken like a true warrior of steel jonnyd!
into glory ride motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baldyboy said:
spoken like a true warrior of steel jonnyd!
into glory ride motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We are Fighting with power and steel,
Fighting for Metal,Metal thats real
Brothers of Metal will always be there
Standing Together with Hands in the air"

I dont fucking care how stupid that might sound to some to me it means a great deal so as I said before .... you dont like it my ass is yours to kiss!