maiden is sooo cheesy

My opinion - ANY band and any style of music can be called cheesy. You can look at anything closely and it can become cheesy because you notice that the elements of what they do are "typical" of that style or whatever.

Black metal is cheesy because they wear corpsepaint, stand in forests with axes and try to sound "cold". Death metal vocals can sound cheesy when you think about them coz its like "listen to how brutal they are trying to sound haha". Grunge bands can sound cheesy because you think "listen to how depressed they are trying to be". Any type of music is cheesy.

I think its just easier to point the finger at bands who have a "fun" sound & attitude rather than a serious or socially conscious edge. But isn't music supposed to be fun & entertainment?

I just hate the term cheesy. Nothing is cheesy in my opinion because everything can be cheesy if you want it to be.

JonnyD said:
I never said they werent Cheeze I was just saying they are not stupid
MANOWAR were guests on a mainstream video station here called VIVA and they came off as sounding so immature and well, "stupid". Don´t get me wrong, I like them but after seeing them on that show I was taken aback by their words and behavior. I expected more.

AngelWitch73 said:
MANOWAR were guests on a mainstream video station here called VIVA and they came off as sounding so immature and well, "stupid". Don´t get me wrong, I like them but after seeing them on that show I was taken aback by their words and behavior. I expected more.

Well yeah Being Male I prolly would have enjoyed it lol .... What were they saying the normal Album cover rederich? (Cant spell) lol .... no worries I get what your trying to say :grins:

FUCK THAT! Maiden in my mind basically started Power metal, before it was cheezy! I hate most powermetal . Manowar they are cheezy. I think Cannibal Corpse is way worse then maiden, (dont get me wrong I love Cannibal). But death metal is more fuckin cheezy then maiden, even music wise not lyrical. I love maiden, Fuck all the people who listen to the less talented bands that were formed from Maiden's sound, then refer to them as cheez metal. Sorry, I'm a little hungover, and short.

hahahahahaha Maiden is not the end all be all of power metal.... Maiden is ok ... I bet they are the best band ever live but not in the studio ..... I mean Bruce isnt That good.... in fact hes kinda Cheezy..... Maiden is Just a Heavy Metal band no matter what .... Some of maidens work (Fear of the Dark,X-Factor,S/t) I couldnt live with out the same goes for Manowar .... But I like Manowar better They are much more Powerful and Eric Adams can totally out sing bruce Listen to Disc one Track 4 on the Hell on stage album! and Hating Powermetal is Hating Heavy Metal which is counter productive to the entire Metal scene :loco:

ill probably get flamed for saying this but what the hell is power metal supposed to be?
or any of the genres that are the same name as othe types of metal except with the word symphonic in front of it. makes me wanna start a symphonic speed metal band

poltergeist said:
ill probably get flamed for saying this but what the hell is power metal supposed to be?
or any of the genres that are the same name as othe types of metal except with the word symphonic in front of it. makes me wanna start a symphonic speed metal band

1st part Power metal is pretty much "Speed Metal Light" good music with dare I say good vocals..... Symphony X already beat ya to the S.S.M.B idea :loco:

MURAI said:
Iron Maiden cheesy? My ass. Manowar is cheese. DEATH TO FALSE METAL! What a joke. I can't believe some people take them seriously.
dude, but manowar really tries to bathe in cheese, maiden doesn't, that is my point.

Bryant said:
Are you saying that Angel Dust and Metal Church and Tad Morose, Accept etc. etc. are cheesy ? You must have a very narrow definition of what "power metal" is. I don't think Maiden is cheesy at all, but I think they were probably more famous than they deserved to be.

Bryant

no, I didn't say that, oh you mean those are power metal? I thought they were heavy metal. What I meant then was fantasy hammerfall type power metal (which is good by the way) 90's stuff if you will.
and maiden will always be the cheesiest to me cause they dont even try and they are.

IcedMadness said:
some one please describe power metal to me. Maiden is not power metal, Hammerfall is. There is a big difference is sound. It seems that every one thinks that if the singer can sing it's power metal, but if he can't sing then it's death metal. Some one please explain why Maiden is power metal.

maiden is heavy metal. Although, after reading replies, I am having my doubts.

Wicked Child said:
Frankly, i couldn't give a rat's ass what's cheesy or not. If it sounds good to my ears, that's all that matters. If a band sounded awesome, but wore ballet tu-tu's, while holding swords and shields, and dancing like fairies, screaming "Fairies, dragons, knights and Rainbows!!!"I honestly wouldn't care. Who really gives a damn whether a band is cheesy or not? I don't and that REALLY makes a factor on how the music sounds to you, i personally find that just a bit shallow.

Man, I would even buy their cheesy comics, that wasnt the point, I like all these bands, man you guys are making me sound like I dont like them, All I said was that it was interesting that noone ever mentioned maidens cheese.
long live cheese!! :headbang:

IcedMadness said:
some one please describe power metal to me. Maiden is not power metal, Hammerfall is. There is a big difference is sound. It seems that every one thinks that if the singer can sing it's power metal, but if he can't sing then it's death metal. Some one please explain why Maiden is power metal.
Don't even go there! Every time we started the what is power metal in Metal Gospel we have a bloodbath (ask Angelwitch73 or Fangface).

To me Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are among the biggest influences of what is called today Power Metal. That tag covers (depending where are you in the battlefield) from Riot to Symphony X, from Helstar to Angel Dust, from Manilla Road to Rhapsody, from Falconer to Sabaton.

You have Power Metal with or without keyboards, you have Power Metal with or without clean vocals, male or female, you have Power Metal American style, European style and who knows what else. You have classic power metal, modern power metal, Helloween clone type power metal, power metal mixed with neo-classical (wtf is that?)

If everybody want to keep their sanity agree in two things:

a) you like or not a METAL band
b) you cnosider or nor cheesy some band or performer

Do not start comparison tests, historical revisionism or cross-Atlantic battles. There's not point it.

P.S And Manowar is the cheesiest band inthe world, and for worse processed cheese :devil:

IcedMadness said:
I really hate to lump bands into categories period, but in some ways it is a necessary evil. Power-metal is a metal band that simply doesn't fit other categories. Unfortunately, some people feel that powermetal bands have this whiny nasal lead vocalist, but there are some ass-kicking power metal bands out there. Angel Dust would be a shining example. If a band doesn't fit categories, they get lumped into either prog or power. If they are straight forward, they get labeled "power" and if they decide to stray from main/bridge/chorus, they get labeled "prog."

Having said all of that, some bands labeled "prog" would also sound great for metal fans that don't really like "prog." Pagans Mind would be one of those bands as they have a huge oldschool and thrash influence as well as prog influence in their songs.

Bryant

AngelWitch73 said:
I like to use the word "goofy" when I describe Manowar. I usually try and use tact with bands I don't like as normally they are just not "MY" thing, but Manowar is just plain silly. They are characatures of themselves.

Bryant

The saYer said:
Man, I would even buy their cheesy comics, that wasnt the point, I like all these bands, man you guys are making me sound like I dont like them, All I said was that it was interesting that noone ever mentioned maidens cheese.
long live cheese!! :headbang:
I wasn't attacking what you said, i was merely just voicing my opinion on the subject, since it IS about cheese. I never had any intention on making you look like you don't like them or something.