New Iron Maiden record is recorded!

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Wow, last news I heard was, "we are writing," now this. Go figure. I'd put money on this being the last one too. As recently as last year Steve Harris has said, "I always pictured us making 15 records...so this might be it." He also said they would continue as a live band. But live records and DVDs aside, there's a chance that Maiden's time in the studio is now behind them for good.
As far as recorded output is concerned, Maiden and Scorps could go into the nether together.

IRON MAIDEN Completes Recording New Album - Feb. 15, 2010 British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have completed the recording process for their new album at Compass Point Studios in Nassau, Bahamas with producer Kevin Shirley. According to a posting on Kevin's official web site, "There's still work to do, but the band portion is complete and in the can, so to speak."

Shirley previously worked on the last three MAIDEN albums — 2000's "Brave New World", 2003's "Dance of Death" and 2006's "A Matter of Life and Death".

The next IRON MAIDEN album will be the band's fifteenth studio record, and they face a challenge to follow up "A Matter of Life and Death", which was received well critically and saw the group play the whole album on tour.

Speaking at last year's premiere of the band's documentary film "Iron Maiden: Flight 666", guitarist Adrian Smith stated, "There's always a bit of pressure to follow up the last album. In a way, it's good, because it motivates you.

"We never get complacent; we always try our best for our own sake as much as anything else. As far as pressure for another album, we just do what we do — we've been doing it long enough now; we know what we're doing. [laughs]"

IRON MAIDEN guitarist Janick Gers revealed to BBC News in November that the band was on its way "to Paris for three weeks to work on some new stuff." He added, "The most important thing for a band is to create new music, otherwise you're not valid — you become a parody."

IRON MAIDEN will headline this year's edition of the U.K.'s Sonisphere festival, which will be held Saturday, July 31, 2010 and Sunday, August 1, 2010 at Knebworth.

MAIDEN became the first outfit in history to travel round the world in a customized jet during their "Somewhere Back in Time" tour, as detailed in award-winning movie "Flight 666".

The Boeing 757 carried musicians, crew, gear and guests with singer Bruce Dickinson, a qualified airline pilot, at the controls.

Great news and sooner than anticipated! Thier latest material...I loved BNW but was less enthralled with DOD and AMOLAD. The later two being good however.:kickass:

they might as well retire in the studio because they haven't put out a great record in a long time. I believe their drummer is in his 60's now, so the end can't be too far from them.

Cool, looking forward to hearing it! I haven't been dissatisfied with anything since BNW. While they will never make another record like they did in the 80's they still have plenty on offer and still make an impact on the market as they continue to gain new fans.

Hmm... I quite liked AMOLAD, DOD was alright, BNW was pretty good. Hopefully the production isn't horribly mediocre like AMOLAD.

Looking forward to this.

Yeah...the production is what has irked me with the last three albums. I think the material on BNW was some of thier best, yet the guitars were a little thin...better production though than what came after it. DOD seemed horribly produced imo, though two gems surfaced in Paschendale and Montsegur . For some reason I just can't get into AMOLAD, even though I believe Maiden is at thier usual best when playing war / epic material...strange? I do however enjoy the bonus dvd that showed the recording process of AMOLAD.

they might as well retire in the studio because they haven't put out a great record in a long time. I believe their drummer is in his 60's now, so the end can't be too far from them.

BLASPHEMY! Sure they are becoming old bastards but Nikko has always been the coolest mofo and is still a bad-ass drummer! Realistically...sure the end is soon near.:erk:

Agree with the comments about AMOLAD. I think that it should have been a much better album, but the production & mix is very disappointing for a band of their magnitude (& checkbook)

DOD is my favorite of the reunion albums & DOD (the song) and Paschendale are among my fave IM songs.

Hope they drop Heaven Can Wait from the setlist for the tour. I've already done it (Wo Oh Oh... Wo Oh Oh Woh Oh etc) and had a fantastic time :kickass:

Loved AMOLAD & BNW. DOD is good. Seen every tour based on a studio album since 2000 (Vancouver, Montreal 2X). Saw Somewhere Back In Time tour twice (Toronto & Calgary). Missed the 90's (missed opportunities) but saw the band in 1988 with GNR opening up (Ottawa).

BNW was acceptable, the last two are boring to death. I'm gonna download and listen when available, and then if they convince me buy it...but I see it a very remote possibility, considering the path of the band since the reunion with Dickinson and Smith.

Well, I love Adrian and his playing / writing. Bruce coming back and the release of BNW was great imo. After BNW, the new potential and them going forward turned out to be lesser than what I expected. I'm not a big fan of Gers and Maiden having three guitarists...yet the songs that Gers wrote in BNW were some of my faves. My what to think? Then, hearing that Adrian Smith had a more prominent part in the song writing of AMOLAD, I was stoked! Yet, it turned out to be my least fave modern day Maiden release. Yet again, what to think? I guess Maiden have been very average lately...yet still enjoyable...predictable yet unpredictable...if that makes any sense? Still looking forward to a new release.

BNW was acceptable, the last two are boring to death. I'm gonna download and listen when available, and then if they convince me buy it...but I see it a very remote possibility, considering the path of the band since the reunion with Dickinson and Smith.

agreed that DOD and AMOLAD were boring. the songs are too long and were is the metal. sounds like bad dream theater tunes with bruce singing

Well, with Wyv onboard I sometimes don't have to write anything :D
I cannot express the lack of excitement for this news...

agreed that DOD and AMOLAD were boring. the songs are too long and were is the metal. sounds like bad dream theater tunes with bruce singing

This could maybe be true for DoD, but aMoLaD was "metal" enough for me, in fact with some of the heaviest Maiden riffs on a couple tracks IMO. The only drag was the lenght of the songs, which I corrected by burning an edited version of the disc, which is excellent in that shorter form...

Was NOT expecting a new Maiden album so soon but am glad to hear it nonetheless. If they continue along the lines of Brave New World or AMOLAD I won't be dissapointed.