new Maiden DVD !!!

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
This looks really cool!! I hope it gets released in the States.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IRON MAIDEN: More 'Early Years' DVD Details Revealed - Sep. 15, 2004

According to online CD vendor CDXpress, a two-disc IRON MAIDEN DVD, entitled "Early Years", is scheduled for release in October 2004. The set, which will apparently feature Region 2 (PAL) encoding, is expected to include the following:

Disc One:

* Concert – "Live at The Rainbow" (recorded in the early '80s; previously released on PMI video) – approximately 30-40 minutes in length
* Concert - "The Beast Over Hammersmith" (recorded in the early '80s; previously unreleased) - 60 minutes

Disc Two:

* Concert - "Live At Donington" (recorded in the '80s; previously unreleased) - 60 minutes
* Documentary: A newly filmed history of IRON MAIDEN (part 1) - approximately 30-40 minutes in length

Extras:

* "Top of The Pops" performance of "Women In Uniform" (1981)
* "Top of The Pops" performance of "Sanctuary" (1981)
* "Rock & Pop" (German TV) track (1981)
* Documentary - Colourbox from Granada TV (1981) - 25 minutes

Paul Dianno ruled those days! I already have the Live at the Rainbow concert on video but I am looking forward very much to the other old stuff.

The "The Beast Over Hammersmith" is one of the first gig if not *the* first gig of Bruce with Maiden. He sings a lot of stuff from the first two albums and a few songs [Children of the Damned] from Number of the Beast.

The "Live At Donington" footage is with Bruce also.

The Top of the Pops is played *live* in the BBC studios and comes from the Diannio days. I remember talking with Paul Diannio about this. I am pretty excited about this release. /me going off to the Iron Maiden homepage for more detailed info...

Thanks Greeno!!

Hawk said:
/me going off to the Iron Maiden homepage for more detailed info...

Thanks Greeno!!

If you see anything about an American release date please let us "non pal playing bastards" know. Thanks Hawk.

Columbia/Legacy has set a November 9 U.S. release date for the upcoming IRON MAIDEN double DVD, "The History Of IRON MAIDEN - Part 1: The Early Days".

Hawk said:
Columbia/Legacy has set a November 9 U.S. release date for the upcoming IRON MAIDEN double DVD, "The History Of IRON MAIDEN - Part 1: The Early Days".

Thanks Hawk!!

What's with the "Part 1"? Is the US release also a 2 disc set or are they going to release 1 disc at a time?