Maiden - Live After Death...on DVD!!!

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
It's just about here boys and girls! The live concert release of their classic 1985 live album, Live After Death. This is one of the few live albums that got regular airplay in my hallowed halls back in the day. There was just something magical about it. Finally, after 23 years, they've decided to release the video footage of this classic live album. It comes out next Tuesday (Feb 5th) and Amazon even has a five minute clip to promote the release:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-After-Death-Two-Disc/dp/B0011U52EW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1201617166&sr=1-1"]Iron Maiden - Live After Death (Two-Disc Set)[/ame]

I remember seeing this one on VHS many years ago and I always wondered why it wasn't available on DVD.
One good thing... as far as I know, the video was NOT edited by Steve Harris (Maiden bass player) like the Rock in Rio and Death on the Road DVDs which sometimes give me a headache because of the lightning-fast editing style he used.

Been waitin' myself. To be honest, I'm more looking forward to the, "early years part II" program that is coupled up with this. Still, it'll be great to see Live After Death again.

I should have my review copy any day now, I can't wait!!!!!

Let us know if there's any footage from the final show of that tour at Irvine, CA. This was my first rock show and they were running videotape from the 4-camera system at that show.

LAD is, indeed, a classic metal release, BUT does anyone else feel that Bruce delivered a sub-par performance at the L.A. show? I've heard boots from the World Piece Tour and he just sounds so much more powerful.....to my ears, some of his LAD vocals sound "off key" or "wobbily" (not a real word?). I'm not a musician, so I may be wrong, but I think he sounds much better on Rock In Rio.

Ok, I'm ready for the firing squad!

This was my first rock show
Rock show? :erk:

Live After Death will be great because,
-no Janick
-no editing by Harris.
+10

LAD is, indeed, a classic metal release, BUT does anyone else feel that Bruce delivered a sub-par performance at the L.A. show? I've heard boots from the World Piece Tour and he just sounds so much more powerful.....to my ears, some of his LAD vocals sound "off key" or "wobbily" (not a real word?). I'm not a musician, so I may be wrong, but I think he sounds much better on Rock In Rio.

::: aims and fires :::: BAnG!!!!!

Dude, absolutely yes to your question. I like the record, but Bruce is not entirely up to snuff. I listened to it again recently, and his performance is better than I remembered it, but still not stellar. I still say the single greatest live Maiden album is Beast Over Hammersmith. Now there is a video that needs to be released in full - though the bits of it on the last DVD were worth the price of entry alone.

Dude, absolutely yes to your question. I like the record, but Bruce is not entirely up to snuff. I listened to it again recently, and his performance is better than I remembered it, but still not stellar. I still say the single greatest live Maiden album is Beast Over Hammersmith. Now there is a video that needs to be released in full - though the bits of it on the last DVD were worth the price of entry alone.

Clive's drumming on the Hammersmith recording MAKES that whole show... yeah among other things but his drumming is superb! Really makes you wonder where they would be if he woulda continued with them for some more years.

Funny you mention this one cause I was just listening to it last night. Awesome show indeed.

It's just about here boys and girls! The live concert release of their classic 1985 live album, Live After Death. This is one of the few live albums that got regular airplay in my hallowed halls back in the day. There was just something magical about it. Finally, after 23 years, they've decided to release the video footage of this classic live album. It comes out next Tuesday (Feb 5th) and Amazon even has a five minute clip to promote the release:

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (Two-Disc Set)

I have already informed the family that Tuesday night consists of buying this somewhere and then occupying the tv and stereo... watching this... and getting drunk. My step daughter says to her mom, "I guess we will need to leave for the night".

She apparently doesn't like me drinking!

About a year ago I broke out the VHS of this and wondered why they have yet to put this out on DVD...

I can't wait for this!! One thing that bugs me is why can't they put the forth side from the album on the DVD also? I mean they had to have filmed them playing those songs right?

I agree, he wasn't at his best that night technically...
I suppose the long time spent on road took its toll by that gig, remember it was a mammoth tour!
But Bruce is one of my favs not because he's always perfect in his delivery but because he's always convincing, in the way he makes you believe every word he sings! There's something theatrical about his delivery, he manages to get you into the song's mood like very few singers can and that is why he's at the top since he joined Maiden!

I'll take that ability of his any day over any always technically perfect singer...

I have already informed the family that Tuesday night consists of buying this somewhere and then occupying the tv and stereo... watching this... and getting drunk.

I'll be right there with you, buddy! Except I'll be a couple thousand miles away. But we'll be doing the same thing if my DVD arrives by Tuesday. I pre-ordered from Amazon, and when I've done that in the past I always received my purchase a day or two BEFORE the official release date. You should be able to just run to the local Best Buy and get yours on Tuesday.