New Maiden DVD!!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Nothing special, really. Well, maybe it is. *shrug*

Blabbermouth said:
According to online CD vendor CDXpress, a two-disc IRON MAIDEN DVD, entitled "Early Years", is scheduled for release in October 2004. The set, which will apparently feature Region 2 (PAL) encoding, is expected to include the following:

Disc One:

* Concert – "Live at The Rainbow" (recorded in the early '80s; previously released on PMI video) – approximately 30-40 minutes in length
* Concert - "The Beast Over Hammersmith" (recorded in the early '80s; previously unreleased) - 60 minutes

Disc Two:

* Concert - "Live At Donington" (recorded in the '80s; previously unreleased) - 60 minutes
* Documentary: A newly filmed history of IRON MAIDEN (part 1) - approximately 30-40 minutes in length

Extras:

* "Top of The Pops" performance of "Women In Uniform" (1981)
* "Top of The Pops" performance of "Sanctuary" (1981)
* "Rock & Pop" (German TV) track (1981)
* Documentary - Colourbox from Granada TV (1981) - 25 minutes
If they're going to release old gigs then they could at least put together the whole shows. 60 minutes of the Hammersmith show? A 40 minute documentary of a band that's been around 25+ years? Crikey.

Is it a "proper" Maiden release, or is it one of those third party things that seems to be getting a bit popular? A bit like the Raising Hell DVD I've got. It's all licensed and everything, but I don't think the band had anything to do with it other than giving permission to use the show and Eddie.

October xx
DVD
Iron Maiden - Early Years

November 22
album
Iron Maiden - Iron live

November 29
album
Bruce Dickinson - TBA

Hmm... New Brucey solo album on November 29? :headbang:

Makes sense to release his solo album near to the live one as well, a bit of free extra publicity...

From a UK online music site, I found the dates on a message on the Deth board, dont know how accurate it is of course...

Yep, Beast Over Hammersmith is Bruce - it's the NOTB concert that's on Eddie's Archives. I have it on DVD, VERY poor quality though. It also only goes for 60 minutes - filmed for TV, I believe.

I think if there was a live Maiden album due in November it would have already been delayed two or three times. And "Iron Live" is a very dodgy title, sounds like something a Brazilian would come up with.

I can't wait for new Bruce. :headbang:

It is good that they are releasing some stuff that fans would actually like to see. The version of Phantom Of The Opera from Live At The Rainbow is fucking killer. I wouldn't mind seeing that whole show on DVD. If they are going to release stuff like this, I would really like to see something from the SIT tour though.

Live Iron sounds alright.

They didn't film anything from the SIT tour, though. Nothing full-length, anyways.

And as far as I know, the band never played Women In Uniform or Sanctuary on TOTP?? Seeing as those singles didn't chart in the UK enough to warrant a TOTP appearance??

Killers from live at the rainbow has cool alternitave lyrics that, as far as i know no one has ever worked out and written down.
Be the first

The alternate Killers on the Live at Reading gig on the Eddie's Archive thingamie too. Methinks I'll give the transcribing a go. :)