New Maiden DVD details

Spiff said:
I can't believe "prance" made it into a Maiden song. I was fine with "cuddle", cuddles are pretty metal, but "prance"??
So? It is in context, so what does it matter. Any word could feature in any song, and as long as it is in context, I don't see the problem.

I really like Dance Of Death, I think it is a fantastic song. So much atmosphere.

Because it's a stupid word! Who the hell prances, other than 17th century noblemen, and ponies on the way to the glue factory? Prancing is completely un-metal. Joey DiWhatsisname from Manowar must have had a coronary when he heard it.

Mark said:
You're such a fanboy it's unbelievable.
Just because I don't feel the need to be disappointed by everything the band does and get pleasure from paying them out, doesn't make me a fan boy. Dance Of Death was widely voted one of the best albums of 2003, so obviously it wasn't just fan boys that enjoyed it. Get over it.

Spiff said:
Who the hell prances, other than 17th century noblemen
I think that is kind of the point. The song has a very ye olde atmosphere about it, which I really like.

Winmar said:
"Nostrils" made it into a Megadeth song. Which one, folks, which one?
I always thought that word kind of stood out in Rust In Peace, just because it doesn't really flow or rhyme.

Oh, but I don't feel the need to be disappointed, I just am. It's not my fault you're happy to put up with sub-standard material. And yes, you are a fan boy. Get over it.

Chuckle.

I wish I didn't have cause to complain about Maiden. They were going so well for years - I defended them up until Virtual XI. That's when it started going downhill for me. I was fine even when Janick joined and butchered solo after solo.

Mark said:
Oh, but I don't feel the need to be disappointed, I just am. It's not my fault you're happy to put up with sub-standard material. And yes, you are a fan boy. Get over it.
Yes, but some people just love being disappointed, and it pisses me off.

As I said before, obviously many people out there really like/liked DoD as it was very well recieved in general, so stop targeting me. Not being afriad to like something a band does and stick up for it doesn't make you a fan boy. You want to see fan boys, head over to the Dungeon forum for a peep.

It is your opinion that the material is sub-standard, it isn't a fact. Some people need to learn that their opinions aren't fact. I can understand people disagreeing with mine, but they don't need to start throwing around comments like this:

Mark said:
You're such a fanboy it's unbelievable.

..because of it. I was having a civilised discussion about the album, your attacks are just lame and immature because you don't like people liking a band that you feel let down by. Grow up.

:lol: I have no problem with people liking something I don't like, except with something is so obviously dodgy - like the use of the word 'prance', and your foaming-at-the-mouth defence of it. I'm sorry you took offence to the term 'fanboy', I didn't mean to cause you such upset.

I like the material on Dance of Death, but I really don't like the production. If DoD had the same production as Brave New World it would sound fucking amazing. You can actually hear Nicko's bass drum on BNW, which makes the band sound heavier. I never realised what a brilliant drummer he is until hearing BNW! He plays some amazingly quick stuff with that single kick pedal. The overall sound is crisp, punchy and generally kicks arse, whereas DoD sounds muddy and has too much stuff going on in the low mid range frequencies to my ears at least. I still like the album though, No More Lies is great and Rainmaker is one of the best up tempo songs they've done in years. I don't mind the title track either. Paschendale is good, but again the production lessens its impact for me.

I'm looking forward to the DVD and the footage of the band's song writing process in particular. I've given up on ever seeing the band play live again so that's the closest I will get!

Oh and there's nothing wrong with being a fanboy is there? What's wrong with actually getting excited about a band instead of being a jaded critic all the time?

Hey it's PIV again! Maybe we should actually talk about Maiden a bit more often and he'd spend more time here. :) What you been up to, PIV?

PIV Bassman said:
I have no problem with people liking something I don't like, except with something is so obviously dodgy - like the use of the word 'prance', and your foaming-at-the-mouth defence of it.
But that is my point, you are saying it is so obviously dodgy in a way that your opinion is fact. I don't think it is dodgy, I like it, and I don't think I am any less of a fan or my opinion counts any less than yours.
Also, I wasn't getting angry upon defending it, just saying why I don't have a problem with it.

PIV Bassman said:
What's wrong with actually getting excited about a band instead of being a jaded critic all the time?
Exactly.

I see why people would prefer the production of BNW, which I too like, but I also like the sound on DoD. It makes some of the material sound really mature, more so then most things they have ever done (bar The X Factor).

I'm a fanboy, and don't really give a shit. BNW and DoD might not be the best albums on the planet, but they beat the shit out of Virtual XI x 1,000,000,000,000.

Paschendale was awesome live. I can't wait to see it again on the DVD!

I have no problem with prance being in a song. Hell Priest sang about getting Jawbreakers and Ramming it Down. At least prancing is sanitary!

Winmar said:
Hey it's PIV again! Maybe we should actually talk about Maiden a bit more often and he'd spend more time here. :) What you been up to, PIV?

Hey mate how's it going? Been very busy the last year or two. Getting another band happening slowly, called Sun Like Blood. Recorded a demo with DW Norton which sounds cool, not as metal as PIV, but now we need a new singer!

I still like to drop in now and again though for a quick look and infrequent post! How about you, what you been up to?