Germany 2006

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
No not an Anthrax gig ;)

Rather the World Cup.

So who will be your team come June. For me it will be the Hiddink led Socceroos.

Don't think we will get past the first knockout stage given our extremely tough group (Japan, Croatia and Brazil!!).

Everyone is screaming hot favourites Brazil to win however a South American side hasn't won the cup on European soil since 1952 if I am correct.

My money is on Holland... Van Basten has got that team playing very well together and whereas past tournaments were marred by inhouse fighting and bustups this team seems to have a lot of unity!

of course i'll be with england the whole way .... till we get kicked out on penaltys ......

cant see rooney making the world cup now, which is super shit, makes a massive difference to our chances......hopefully michael owen should be ok, who'll partner him tho, fuck knows.....probably crouch, but that sucks....maybe defoe but thats a tiny front two, so probably crouch or hesky ;(.. still with a midfield choice of gerrard, lamps, joe cole, wright phillips, becks to choose from, should still have a few goals in there, somewhere .....

thank crap for our defence tho......

with or withour rooney we have a shot, we'd just have a much better one with him playing at his full potential....

as fer teams other than england i reckon its any of the usuals brazil, argies, portugal, czech republic, italy.....maybe holland or spain but they seem to do not so well in the big tournaments.........i dont think any on team is particularly dominant right now, so should be a good, pretty open world cup anyway...... only 6 weeks to go to anyhoo........

lokey said:
of course i'll be with england the whole way .... till we get kicked out on penaltys ......

cant see rooney making the world cup now, which is super shit, makes a massive difference to our chances......hopefully michael owen should be ok, who'll partner him tho, fuck knows.....probably crouch, but that sucks....maybe defoe but thats a tiny front two, so probably crouch or hesky ;(.. still with a midfield choice of gerrard, lamps, joe cole, wright phillips, becks to choose from, should still have a few goals in there, somewhere .....

thank crap for our defence tho......

with or withour rooney we have a shot, we'd just have a much better one with him playing at his full potential....

as fer teams other than england i reckon its any of the usuals brazil, argies, portugal, czech republic, italy.....maybe holland or spain but they seem to do not so well in the big tournaments.........i dont think any on team is particularly dominant right now, so should be a good, pretty open world cup anyway...... only 6 weeks to go to anyhoo........

Some valid points... a lot of ppl argue that Fat Frank and Stevie G can't operate together in the middle and that perhaps Carrick and Gerrard is the better option??

Defense is sound with Carra, Terry, Campbell and Rio I would assume. Problem is in Goal - James is good at best but what other options are there?

As for up front a lot will rest on St Mikes shoulders but he's done it all before (who can forget his goal against the Argies in France 98?). I would suspect Crouchinho will get the nod up front...

aliasp said:
Some valid points... a lot of ppl argue that Fat Frank and Stevie G can't operate together in the middle and that perhaps Carrick and Gerrard is the better option??

Defense is sound with Carra, Terry, Campbell and Rio I would assume. Problem is in Goal - James is good at best but what other options are there?

As for up front a lot will rest on St Mikes shoulders but he's done it all before (who can forget his goal against the Argies in France 98?). I would suspect Crouchinho will get the nod up front...

yeah the prob with lamps n gerrard is a weird one, i have already heard people saying about having owen upfront and gerrard behind playing a more rooney-esque type seeper role with lamps in his usual midfield position, that might work out better, esp if wright phillips is on the wing

yah i like yer back 4 choices, tho i'd put king in for campbell ( um i am not sure if he is fit tho) ....as fer keeper , thankfully calamity james is no longer first choice keeper, he is second to paul robinson ( spurs keeper) who has been outstanding for us and spurs recently, he is solid and not prone to james super blunders, defo a good choice for keeps, hopefully we wont need james at all.

i agree owen on his own would normally be enough, but its whether he can get up to his pace of game quikly enough, hope so........

and dont get me wrong, i am a saints supporter so had a season of crouch, he can do a job for sure, but shouldnt be a starting england striker by rights....hahaha Crouchinho indeed

Mickenglanduk said:
James is shit at best:lol: I like Robinson, he is sound. I wonder who the next manager will be after the cock up during the week?

I was being kind :) Good ol Calamity!

Gerrard in an advanced role ... could be interesting.

Arg_Hamster said:
I think Brazil will win this time.

Name 1 half decent player in that squad?

You can't ... coz none are decent.

All are fukn magicians :)

Holland will not win the world cup people. Any team that unlucky with so much skill in the past, two consecative world cup finals and lost them both.

They have no real big names now, they keep playing their kids and will probably all fall out with each other as normal.

England simple answer to Rooney play Joe Cole up front. Behind Defoe. Owen has had his day and is not fit enough. Take Fowler too, fuck it why not.
Gerrard has to be told to cool it and only Lamps should bomb forward as he is the better finisher of the two, they should only both go all out when we need a goal, but prick face egg head will probably take Gerrard off when we need a goal and bring Phil Nevil on. Oh wait he did that last world cup TWAT!

Italy? Maybe.

Spain wont make it past the group stage a usual and will loose to someone shit as usual!

Germany, been playing crap latley but will probably turn up in the final.

Brazil, two ways to beat them. Kick lumps out of them. Or play total football Italy 82 style, great defence, great midfield, great attack. Dont try and beat them at there own game all out attack.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!:worship: :headbang:

Dash our hopes as usual!

USA! USA! USA!

I think that the Czech Republic will give us a run for our money, but we'll still advance to the next round. Hopefully, we'll be #1 from our group, because the round of 16 has the US against Brazil's group. And, I'm assuming Brazil will be #1 for their group.

Our roster is being announced tomorrow, and I'll be interested to see who Coach Arena picks.

remington69 said:
USA! USA! USA!

our roster is being announced tomorrow, and I'll be interested to see who Coach Arena picks.

Roster? Its SQUAD Rem, damn you yanks and your rosters :)

Seriously as Scotland have failed to qualify again i will be rooting for Paraguay,Sweden and Trinidad and Tobago :heh: . I think this cup will go to Germany or Brazil tho. (brave prediction there eh?)

Jockthrax said:
Roster? Its SQUAD Rem, damn you yanks and your rosters :)

Seriously as Scotland have failed to qualify again i will be rooting for Paraguay,Sweden and Trinidad and Tobago :heh: . I think this cup will go to Germany or Brazil tho. (brave prediction there eh?)

hahahah didnt you see the reports that all home nations should support england :)... apparently not........dont blame you tho i would never support scotland, wales or ireland in a million years either....but then when it comes to world cups it pretty easy to avoid them.....tee hee :)

lokey said:
hahahah didnt you see the reports that all home nations should support england :)... apparently not........dont blame you tho i would never support scotland, wales or ireland in a million years either....but then when it comes to world cups it pretty easy to avoid them.....tee hee :)

Now now Lokey thats not fair, we qualified in er .................... 1998????
My official team for the tournament is the Czech Republic because they have the greatest beer in the world.... I cant wait for it to start.:)

lokey said:
i would never support scotland, wales or ireland in a million years either....but then when it comes to world cups it pretty easy to avoid them.....tee hee :)

Now imagine if England didn't qualify and Scotland did, I would support Scotland. Mainly due to the fact that my Grandad was a Jock but as it ain't gonna happen anytime soon lets forget I said anything

aliasp said:
So who will be your team come June.

Well, I hope England wins, BUT:
Though the Germans haven't a good team this year, I'm afraid the Krauts could win at home.
[SIZE=-1]As England striker Gary Lineker once said: "Football is a game with 22 people and in the end the Germans always win."

Remember my words: The Germans will shoot the important goals between 90th and 93rd minute. (they always do)

As I said: I HOPE NOT, but I know my neighbours.

I'll spend my money on TOBAGO!!!! :heh:
Win 600 for 1 Euro!!!!!! How much is that in beer? :kickass:

[/SIZE]

holy jesus, mary, judas and the evil faced pope!! None of you mentioned ARGENTINA!!!??? Czech Rep.?? WTF?? They don`t even exist in 1st place. Holland?? Thay won`t pass the 1st round, plain and simple. England?? Are ya kidding? Bobby charlton doesn`t play anymore. Germany? maybe..they play horrible, but whn it comes about a WC they have a great spirit. Brazil?? everybody talks about them...yeah they play great, but you know what? they don`t have guts!!
Italy? They have a great team, finally they play more offensive rather than deffensive, wich is great. careful with them.
So..my my pics are: Argentina (please watch Lionel Messi skills...chelsea fans should remember him), brazil (if they don`t face argentina they will win it...fuck theeeeem), Italy and Germany and France.

38 days....aagaghhh cannot wait!!! Best luck to you all.

My 2 cents