Get any new music holiday gifts?

Sorry for the misunderstadning above I was just rating the cds and saying that all of those kick ass.

Oh and the Angel Dust does kick major ass.

Bryant said:
Cool !! You got the Firewind too. How do you like it ? I can't wait to get mine. I ordered it the day yesterday morning. I already dug their singer on that disc for years though. I have four CDs with him on it.

Bryant

The Firewind is one of my favorites of the year, very underrated. I played that cd one repeat for days. The lead singer has a Dio like feel in his vocals and the album is very heavy.The songs mix it up nice as it has heavy/slow, heavy/ fast, an instrumental with Marty friedman and two slower ballad like songs.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
The Firewind is one of my favorites of the year, very underrated. I played that cd one repeat for days. The lead singer has a Dio like feel in his vocals and the album is very heavy.The songs mix it up nice as it has heavy/slow, heavy/ fast, an instrumental with Marty friedman and two slower ballad like songs.

Maybe you should look this up.... Avalon - "Eurasia." It features that singer Chitral Somapala in the next biggest band he was in. They were a powermetal (with some light prog tendencies) band from Germany. It's more mellow than Firewind, but far from just a bunch of ballads.

Free samples are available from
http://www.somapala.com

Bryant

Bryant said:
I ordered them myself as I don't allow other people to buy music for me, or there is no telling what I might get.

Lanfear - Another Golden rage
Brainstorm - Ambuguity
Firewind - Forged By Fire
I hope you'll like Lanfear Bryant, even though the previous record is better IMO :)

Ambiguity on the other hand is still my favorite Brainstorm :headbang: (tied with Soul Temptation)

Bryant said:
I ordered them myself as I don't allow other people to buy music for me, or there is no telling what I might get.

Bryant

Same here. Since I don't celebrate Christmas I didn't order anything in particular, but anyway I got these before 25/12:

Holocaust - "The Nightcomers"
Sweet Savage - "Killing Time"
Chainsaw - "Smell The Saw"
Metalucifer - "Heavy Metal Chainsaw"
Anubis Gate - "A Perfect Forever"
Forsaken - "Evermore"
Forsaken - "Dominaeon"
Highland Glory - "From The Cradle To The Grave"
Mesmerize - "Stainless"
Tribute - "A Baroque Tribute To Rush"

NP: Stos - 'Czas Wilka'

Bryant said:
Cool !! You got the Firewind too. How do you like it ? I can't wait to get mine. I ordered it the day yesterday morning. I already dug their singer on that disc for years though. I have four CDs with him on it.

Bryant

it is very good, i do enjoy it quite a bit, i am actually getting into these guys more than DE, another of gus's band- although he recently left them

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
No i was just rating them. Sorry about that.

oh! haha, i was gonna say thatd be very cool though!

I got some cash from Mom which I used to get the Rush R30 DVD. I also picked up the Simpsons Season 7. Not music but that's some Old School comedy right there. :p