New ROBERT PLANT Solo Set Debuts In U.S. Top 10

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Robert Plant's new solo set with backing band SENSATIONAL SPACE SHIFTERS has earned the former LED ZEPPELIN frontman a Top 10 hit on The Billboard 200 album chart. The album, "Lullaby… And The Ceaseless Roar", came in a full five spaces under Plant's previous studio set, 2010's "Band Of Joy", and far below his Top 2 runaway hit with Alison Krauss on their groundbreaking 2007 "Raising Sand" collection. Plant's 2004 album, "Mighty Rearranger", got as high as No. 4.On Wednesday (September 17), Plant joined former squeeze and frequent collaborator Patty Griffin in Nashville to perform Griffin's "Ohio" during the Americana Music Honors And Awards.Robert Plant told The Pulse Of Radio that the success he found in 2007 with the "Raising Sand" album both liberated and centered him creatively. "Following the work with Alison Krauss, which was a spectacular revival of my spirit in a way, I felt I could do more or less anything, I could sink and swim," he explained. "There was no real big partnership moment. I don't have to ask anybody anything. I just stood there a little bit like I did when I was about 17."

Robert-Plant-lullaby-and-The-Ceaseless-Roar_638.jpg

More...