Get Ready for Death Follows a Shadow!

stevekachinsky

Steel Prophet - Gtr
Mar 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.steelprophet.net
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know about another project I'm working on with Charlie Z (vox) from the Militants, and Jason (bass) from Enraged. It's more of a melodic thrash band, with gruff vocals. We've been working on it for about a year now and are getting ready to unleash the results on the public soon, after we track a couple more songs. If anyone is interested I'll make sure to give updates here as things progress. Ciao!

Thrash is always welcomed, please keep us posted.

Wyvern said:
Thrash is always welcomed, please keep us posted.

I don't remember Wyv.. but I thought you were not much into gruff/growly vocals, or am I wrong?

DFAS sounds VERY cool... hopefully they will have the finished product soon, it sounds nothing like SP but it kicks ass! :headbang:

Pabla said:
I don't remember Wyv.. but I thought you were not much into gruff/growly vocals, or am I wrong?

DFAS sounds VERY cool... hopefully they will have the finished product soon, it sounds nothing like SP but it kicks ass! :headbang:

I'm not. But I have to heard it before dismiss it, ain't it? ;) Besides I love some coarse vocals like Motorhead, Goddess Of Desire, Sabaton, Coroner so I may get a surprise.

Wyvern said:
I'm not. But I have to heard it before dismiss it, ain't it? ;) Besides I love some coarse vocals like Motorhead, Goddess Of Desire, Sabaton, Coroner so I may get a surprise.

That's cool! I try to keep an open mind as well about everything... I will not say "I do not like it" until I hear it...

I think Charlie's vox is not that coarse.. so it leaves it open for people who like and don't like death vocals, coarse, screamy vox... whatever you wanna call it :p

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know about another project I'm working on with Charlie Z (vox) from the Militants, and Jason (bass) from Enraged. It's more of a melodic thrash band, with gruff vocals. We've been working on it for about a year now and are getting ready to unleash the results on the public soon, after we track a couple more songs. If anyone is interested I'll make sure to give updates here as things progress. Ciao!
Is THAT what you've been working on? You don't tell me anything! :OMG:

I think Steve has been silent on this for too long... we need an update!

Pabla said:
I think Steve has been silent on this for too long... we need an update!
Yeh bucko, crawl out from under the rock you're hiding under and show yourself!!!! We miss you!

Hey Guys,
Here's the update:

Just finished tracking guitars for five new Death Follows a Shadow songs! Titles are
"Internal Hate", "Five Stages of Death", "The Christ Diaries", "Evil's Echoes" and "The Darkside of Human Nature".
Will begin mixing, editing and recording some additional keyboards today. Should have some roughs ready to go in a couple days. We will probably start a Myspace web site where you can check out the tunes pretty soon. I'll definitely post that once it's done and I hope to hear your feedback!

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Guys,
Here's the update:

Just finished tracking guitars for five new Death Follows a Shadow songs! Titles are
"Internal Hate", "Five Stages of Death", "The Christ Diaries", "Evil's Echoes" and "The Darkside of Human Nature".
Will begin mixing, editing and recording some additional keyboards today. Should have some roughs ready to go in a couple days. We will probably start a Myspace web site where you can check out the tunes pretty soon. I'll definitely post that once it's done and I hope to hear your feedback!
Hey Steve, glad to see the update, can't wait to hear this, it'll be cool to hear a different side to your music. We'll def give you feedback, how could we not??? he he

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Guys,
Here's the update:

Can't wait to sink my teeth into the finished product.. :headbang: Thanks for being a pal and updating us peeps!

I love the song titles too... specially "Five stages of death" what are the 5 stages of death? :err:

Hey Guys,
The DFaS is mixed and ready for consumption. We'll get a myspace site up soon and you can stream or download four of the five tunes. Let you know as soon as that's done. We feel it came out pretty good. So far the consensus is it's like a death/thrash metal with Queen and Maiden influences.

Too bad all 5 songs couldn't be upped on that myspace thing... all of 'em kick ass! Good luck with that.... although I am sure it will hook a lot of people by the sounds of it

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Guys,
The DFaS is mixed and ready for consumption. We'll get a myspace site up soon and you can stream or download four of the five tunes. Let you know as soon as that's done. We feel it came out pretty good. So far the consensus is it's like a death/thrash metal with Queen and Maiden influences.

:headbang: DFaS Kicks Ass! Great Work!!!!

JonnyD said:
:headbang: DFaS Kicks Ass! Great Work!!!!

I knew it'd be "your thing"... I should have posted a link @ the Old School forum... lot's of you who like thrash w/ harsh vox

I love it too :headbang: