Get Thrashed Video Trailer!

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
I can't wait to get this! All hail Thrash Metal!

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6736518[/ame]

I was lucky enough to get invited to the first screening of this a few years ago, and it was great! The purpose of the screening was to get feedback so they could improve on it. I haven't seen the finished product yet but the first draft was even awesome, so I look forward to seeing it again.

I have the DVD right here....it is very good but lacking on the live footage end....just lots of quick shots of live stuff, but over all very much worth getting. The extras are great....it is a huge map and it then focuses on many bands that didnt make the cut for the film. The bay area section is really good. The interviews are really good...not your typical VH1 types kiss ass gloss over. Some really interesting stories about the glory days of going to shows and discovering bands....so much different than now. I cant recommend it enough.

it's on there! I also didnt like the fact that they interviewed to many current metalcore acts on it.

Yeah, I know what you mean but I thought he struck a pretty good balance. Even if you don't like their music it's still relevant to talk about their influences and such. Of course, the balance could have been shifted from what I saw based on the editing :p

Also, the thing was funded by MTV ;)

interviewing 'core acts and being funded by mtv doesn't give me much hope..

it is one of the best and only real thrash doc out there that covers everything from US to Canada to Europe....lots of smaller bands are given time. There really wasnt a need to go ito the NuMetal stuff since it has nothing to do with thrash. It should have ended in the early 90's and then went into the thrash rebirth from a few years ago. There are bands like Merciless Death and Municiple Waste who are interviewed and they are not even mentioned that they are riding the new wave of thrash metal that is happening now asides for a quick shot of thier album covers. They could have used the time to have that mentioned than the 10 minutes on the NuMetal scene.
It was nice to relive the times when you actually had a little bit a fear going into a show. Now the only fear is that will I be bored at a show. back then it was like....will I get hurt or beaten.

Remember that they stopped filming for this like 3-4 years ago, so bands that are getting big now in the nu-thrash scene weren't necessarily doing the same then.

well they interviewed some of those acts. The effort should have been put somewhere else than to add the NuMetal stuff in. That is like doing a power metal doc and then dropping in NuMetal just to have it in there. The people buying this dvd have little to no interest in the NuMetal scene.

I will say the extras on this disc are great.