Getting New Guitar Equipment - Ideas/feedback?

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
Alright. So I want to get a new guitar. Maybe an effect pedal I don't know. Here's what I got right now already.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio [Alpine White]
Jackson JS30RR
Dean Dimebag 7 String [Given to me by Trivium]

Amps:
Marshall - MG100HDFX/MG412 Half Stack with Digital Effects
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt Combo

Pedals/Effect Proccessers:
Boss - Metalzone
Line 6 - POD X3 Live

I am in need of something new. I need something with a good cruncy/metal tone. And I need something lightweight. I am in a wheelchair with brittle bones. I need something not bigger than i am. The damn Dean I got from Trivium is taller then I am, and i want to sell it but I dont know anyone that would buy it, PLUS the guys would be mad at me and i see them/talk to them all the time.

Any ideas guys? I'm on an unemployed Michigan budget. My studio doesnt get much business lately, and my promotions/artwork business is only making like 40 to 100 a month.

Alright. So I want to get a new guitar. Maybe an effect pedal I don't know. Here's what I got right now already.

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio [Alpine White]
Jackson JS30RR
Dean Dimebag 7 String [Given to me by Trivium]

Amps:
Marshall - MG100HDFX/MG412 Half Stack with Digital Effects
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt Combo

Pedals/Effect Proccessers:
Boss - Metalzone
Line 6 - POD X3 Live

With those guitars I think you're pretty well sorted for rock/metal. I'd suggest ditching the Marshall for something better, maybe a small tube head and cab (orange, krank, etc). Also some pedals to drive it like a TS7, DS1, etc.

If you're running a studio, having a selection of amps will be more of a bonus/selling point than more guitars.

my 2 c

Jesse

your axes are fine.
if your playing metal, pick up a used 5150 or 800 and youll be laughing

The greatest guitar through a Marshall MG will still sound like a Marshall MG! Get yourself a Dual Rec, 5150, or other awesome tube head, a used Recto cab, and be in heaven!

somehow i think a used recto cab might not be best for someone in a wheelchair, them being oversized and all

Hey, at least it comes with casters - just rope someone into carrying it into your room (if there are stairs involved) and it never has to leave again! :lol:

guitar are more than ok, i would also say a good OD pedal like a TS. but defiantly upgrade your amps, if you sell both your amps you probably could get a krank rev jr stack or search for a used head(5150) and a mesa recto cab.

Yeah, I love my guitars I really do. But I do hate my amps. I just don't know how to get rid of my Marshall. I'd love to sell it and buy a 5105 head or something from Krank. Really would, but no one is willing to buy and I have NO money at all. This studio I run is the most basic ever. I don't like to record anything myself, I'm more of a give me the files and let me master and mix it. The Dean 7 string is too big for me litterally, I can't use it. And i've always wanted a good 7 string. Something like a Schecter or Ibanez. I hate the marshall tone. And the line 6 is good for jamming, but not recording or live. I don't want to get rid of my Line 6 though, as it was a gift from someone who passed away. I just need to get rid of the half stack, and maybe the Jackson and then get a better amp.

ebay or craiglist it. There is no excuse for an mg in the studio :heh:

Definitly a new amp is needed, 5150 gets my vote.

Joe