getting to know the 2014 second stage bands

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Here are some links to the bands playing the second stage so far...two more are still coming up.

first one out of the gate is IRON WILL. They played the 2013 Warriors of Metal and have been around for over a decade. Featuring members of Seax and Ravage....

ETERNAL CHAMPION make their midwest debut...these guys beat out a lot of classic bands on what bands you want to see at the fest this year even. I have a feeling they will be the Winterhawk in amount of pull they bring in....

DARK DESIGN just released "Prey for the Future" on Heaven and Hell Records. The progressive thrash will be a nice mix on the second stage to help add a different mix into the night.

SEAX will return to the fest..last year they played the mainstage and had so much fun they wanted to come back to play the second stage. This time with thier new singer from Skull Hammer.

MIDNITE HELLION wanted on last year but it didn't work out but they will now be here in 2014 with new singer and a new EP.

Pure Steel recording artist POWER THEORY will grace the second stage. Having played all over they finally will hit Chicago.

POSSESSOR will be thrashing up the second stage...will be curious to see if a pit breaks out in there....and what will happen actually.

BREAKNECK PACE will be releasing their demo at the show and coming in from Ohio.

DOGBANE will be bringing their blend of doom to the second stage. Another Heaven and Hell records band.

SKULL HAMMER is another act who was going to play in 2013. They will be making their Chicago debut at the show.

LADY BEAST was another band that people asked for...so I got them. They are female fronted but not in the Epica / Nightwish style.

SPARE CHANGE will bring their blend of crossover to the festival this year. Should be a fun time watching them live. Been around for over 2 decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a bunch of good bands this time around. It was looking bleak at first. I know some of you have made comments like last year was better. But I recall the same people who are raving about last year saying the bands were not good as well but were won over after the show. So give some of these bands a chance and check them out at the show.

While it is lacking the "headliner" type bands like Winterhawk or Borrowed Time there are still a number of bands that I want to check out on the second stage.

Eternal Champion, Midnight Hellion, Dark Design, Lady Beast, Iron Will (I remember them being decent enough at WOM).

I remember many people asking who was Demon Bitch last year and bands like Gatekrashor were completely unknown to all. Vanlade won over a bunch of people who watched them.

Like pat said...sure there is no name act that everyone knows this time around but check them out..sure there are one or two who will win you over live. For people who are complaining about bands they don't like on the mainstage they can come over and check out a new band.

Also I am trying to get different style against the main stage this year...I know I may have something like Seax on while Argus play. So if you don't want to see a doomish band you can come over and see something more traditional.

There were some serious next-level talents on that second stage in 2013. Many of them I knew before the fest, but still some surprised me. This year has less 2nd stagers that I'm a fan of now, but I'm hoping for some more surprise factor. Eternal Champion is my fuckin' jam though. I'll definitely check out Lady Beast, Midnight Hellion and Breakneck Pace.

By comparison, I think the mainstage this year might be slightly better for me than 2013.

There were some serious next-level talents on that second stage in 2013. Many of them I knew before the fest, but still some surprised me. This year has less 2nd stagers that I'm a fan of now, but I'm hoping for some more surprise factor. Eternal Champion is my fuckin' jam though. I'll definitely check out Lady Beast, Midnight Hellion and Breakneck Pace.

By comparison, I think the mainstage this year might be slightly better for me than 2013.

yeah last year things worked out easier for getting bands on the second stage. This time around I had more bands say no to me than last year. Which was odd since last year most people say the line up was stronger.

It is amazing with the amount of bands who didn't see this as a great promotional thing for their bands. Most were concerned about how much they will get paid or they didn't want to play. My biggest issue with most of the bands who said no was that they have mostly done nothing in a while and this would help more people see them and check them out. most didn't grasp that concept. This year what is funny is more are coming from far away...bunch from the east coast, texas and then on driving on from california. Then there are almost zero acts local asides Spare Change.