Ghost Circus

Analog_Kid

One of the Ancients of UM
Official Ghost Circus Web Site Launched!

Intercontinental Prog Rock duo Ghost Circus announce the lauch of the Ghost Circus Web Site! The site contains info, photos, downloads, and streaming audio from Ghost Circus' forth-coming debut album 'Cycles'. The album is finished and we're working out the business end of getting it released and available.

Come by the site and give us a look/listen!

Very nice website. The music is very tasteful... I like accelerate and cycles. What kind of keyboards do you both use?

:kickass:

Rive Haven said:
Very nice website. The music is very tasteful... I like accelerate and cycles. What kind of keyboards do you both use?

:kickass:

Thanks very much for the kind comments! We worked very hard on the tracks that went into the 'Cycles' album. We're both very happy that the response from people that have heard it is as positive as it has been! We're hoping for a release for the album in the near future. We're shopping it to lables right now. If that doesn't pan out, we will seek other avenues. To be sure, the full album will see light of day, in some form, this year!

We use basic midi controllers, really. I have a M-Audio Radium 49, and Ron has something similar. All sounds are VST's. He works in Cubase, I work in Nuendo where I cut my tracks and did the final mix and production of the album.

There really aren't a lot of keys on the album,(except for "The Distance" which is heavily orchestrated) actually. "Accelerate" is a good example of the GC sound in general. It only has one synth pad that starts at the first chorus, then the *thunk*thunk*thunk*thunk* sound - which is an old 80's keyboard sound - in the middle and at the end. The bulk of what you're hearing is actually guitar on most everything. I do a lot of layered texture guitars, as well as the heavier parts and faster solos, and Ron's guitar tone is just plain unique,(the first thing you hear on "Cycles" is him. Great way to know where to pick his sound out of the tunes).

Chris Brown to guest on Kill Eat Exploit the Weak on CKMS FM!

Here are the details from show host Laura Taylor:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Saturday (March 25) on Kill Eat Exploit the Weak we'll be airing an interview with Chris Brown of Ghost Circus as well several songs from the duo's forth-coming debut album 'Cycles'.

The music of Ghost Circus is, to quote the band's website, "modern AOR influenced by progressive rock, blending the richness of sound and production from days long-gone with a modern approach and sensibility and existing in its own unequaled hemisphere." Chris is also a big fan of Dan Swanö, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Emperor and other metal artists, and that inevitably makes its way into Ghost Circus's sound as well. Check out www.ghostcircus.com for more info on the band.

This seemed like a good excuse to dedicate an entire show to progressive and prog-influenced metal and rock, so we've let Ghost Circus pick out several songs, chose several ourselves, and are taking requests for more.
Rush, Voivod, Marillion, Devin Townsend, Genesis, Spock's Beard, Evergrey, Riverside, Wolverine, Yes, Pain of Salvation, Dead Soul Tribe, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree and lots more...

Kill Eat Exploit the Weak is on from 11pm to 2am eastern time. If you're in the Kitchener-Waterloo area you can tune in to 100.3 FM or 95.5 FM on cable, and you can also listen to our web cast, which you can access at www.ckmsfm.ca.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura will be playing several exclusive songs from the album that you haven't heard yet, as well as the extensive interview and the song picks. So be sure to tune in to the Web cast via the link above on Saturday!