Ghost - Infestissumam

I'm pretty far from your average modern metal-idiot who judges music by its breakdowns, and actively play in a stoner rock band, but I have not been able to figure out whats so awesome about this band. The riffs and rythms are just ... pretty average, nothing there that really tickles me. Of course it's all oldschool and shit, but if I compare this to stuff like Red Fang or something, it just fails to impress me at all.
I guess I really miss the sort of "looong song building towards a great melody" thing, but I've not been digging to deeo into their music as of yet. I'll obviously give the album a listen though.

I think so many people like it because in a time full of music chalked full of autotune, breakdowns, djent, odd time signatures, key signature changes, poppy bullshit, etc. I think people subconsciously are yearning for something "simple" again. This is a throwback to that simple 70's prog rock and metal that I think is striking a chord for so many people unexpectedly. Just because there aren't blast beats, or someone playing binary code on a 8 string, or tea-bagging the floor doesn't mean it's not good music. Sometimes simpler is better.

Love Ghost. Hail satan. lol

This band is the bastard son of Mercyful Fate and Abba. I like it. It's both cool and stupid at the same time.

I think so many people like it because in a time full of music chalked full of autotune, breakdowns, djent, odd time signatures, key signature changes, poppy bullshit, etc. I think people subconsciously are yearning for something "simple" again. This is a throwback to that simple 70's prog rock and metal that I think is striking a chord for so many people unexpectedly. Just because there aren't blast beats, or someone playing binary code on a 8 string, or tea-bagging the floor doesn't mean it's not good music. Sometimes simpler is better.

Love Ghost. Hail satan. lol

Exactly. Here's hoping that it's a sign of things to come :)