Ghost (Swe)

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Well it's all Hawk's fault! :p

Henri showed me a clip of the band on Facebook and got me intrigued enough (curiosity kills...) to look about them and download their debut "Opus Eponymus" (2010).

It's a retro band with clean melodic vocals and an obvious nod to Mercyful Fate, Black Sabbath and 70's psychedelic rock altogether in the blender. I got hook since track 1 and I already put the album on wish list for my next haul.

Highly recommended for people on this forum (if you don't mind the overused satanic lyrics).

Thanks a lot to our great sage Hawk for guide me into them:wave:

P.S. BTW, if you like this band, check also Spirits Of The Dead(Nor), their debut is ultra-cool.

Everyone is talking about Ghost, and for good reason. Great record, great stage act - I'm digging it.

They are touring this year with the mighty ENSLAVED. Gonna be one of the better tours of the year - can't wait.

Glad you like it My friend. :)

For me the thing with Ghost is that their album has been growing on me since I first heard it.

Last Saturday I visited the Fortarock festival and one of the acts was Ghost. See here:

http://www.fortarock.nl/page/pag_view.asp?pag_id=24116

Man, they were terrific live. But don't take my wordt for it see the complete Fortarock show here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jraxmwsVnNU&hd=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwpIz3rHLjw&hd=1[/ame]

I beg to differ on this one. I think the album is weak, especially on the vocal side. There's absolutely no power in the vocals. For me personally it's an overhyped band... But I seem to be one of the only ones with this opinion, must be I'm the weirdo :loco:

I beg to differ on this one. I think the album is weak, especially on the vocal side. There's absolutely no power in the vocals.

You know, first time I listened to that clip I said the same to Henri. But after I downloaded the whole album and listened completely my mind change drastically and now I'm absolutely over it.

It's not groundbreaking or super-original but it delivers me more than a zillion average power/traditional bands out there.

Again is all about taste so you're alright :kickass:

I had this album for a few months and I listened to it a few times. I liked it but was not that wild about it. Then I saw them live at Fortarock. It was great!

So back home I played the album a few times again and then it somehow clicked. When I heard it first I heard nothing special, but now after playing it more and more I really like it. I have the feeling the hooks in the songs grab you after a while.

Still ymmv :)

I beg to differ on this one. I think the album is weak, especially on the vocal side. There's absolutely no power in the vocals. For me personally it's an overhyped band... But I seem to be one of the only ones with this opinion, must be I'm the weirdo :loco:

I'm with you. I find nothing interesting about this band. I don't hate them, but it just does little for me.

Bryant

My copy just arrived. So I better like it more than the download :p

This is also one of the top threads at King Diamond's forums. These guys are going places, and fast! You can tell they were very strongly influenced by Mercyful Fate.