GHOST: Take Us As Seriously As You Want

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ConciertosPeru.com.pe conducted an interview with one of the Nameless Ghouls from Swedish occult rockers GHOST when the band played in Lima, Peru on August 28. You can now watch the chat below.Asked if GHOST should be taken as a form of art expression, a political statement or a way of living, the Nameless Ghoul replied: "Well, certainly you should not take it as a way of living, because I think that most people should find their own way of living. By that being said, it's not a mistake of following anyone else, but as far as calling it a political statement, I wouldn't do that, no — certainly not. Take it as seriously as you want it. I mean, as seriously as you take Bob Dylan — whatever he says — or [Bruce] Springsteen or PINK FLOYD, or whatever… I don't care. But by 'serious,' if you mean that we have rules that people should follow, no, certainly not. Pretty much the other way around."One of GHOST's Nameless Ghouls recently dismissed the split petition created by haters of the group, saying he and his bandmates "could not care less" about it.Over 1,300 people added their name to an online campaign launched in July, which referred the GHOST as a "watered-down BLUE ÖYSTER CULT" and attempted to "convince" the band and its management to call it quits. That resulted in the creation of a counter-petition, which secured over 1,400 signatures.GHOST's sophomore album, "Infestissumam", sold around 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 28 on The Billboard 200 chart.GHOST was forced to modify its name in the U.S. to GHOST B.C. for "legal reasons."Interview:
Performance:
ghostlimaperu2014poster.jpg

More...