GHOST's TOBIAS FORGE: 'We Wouldn't Have Been Here Had It Not Been For ALICE COOPER'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
GHOST leader Tobias Forge guest programmed a recent episode of the Australian television show "Rage". Watch below as Forge takes us through his many influences, including ACCEPT, ALICE COOPER and ABBA. Speaking about ACCEPT, Forge said: "[They are] one band that I think has been slightly overlooked over the years, not necessarily in the more hardcore, heavy metal circles, but definitely in the overall memory of music history. Where SCORPIONS have been more known for their big ballads, their little brothers, ACCEPT, is one of my favorite bands from that time, who definitely get way too little credit for their fantastic songwriting and their complete, just ballsy nature." On the topic of Alice Cooper, Forge said: "What is shock rock without Alice Cooper? I lack the proper words to fully explain how extremely vital he has been for the whole genre of rock and roll, really, but also speaking from a context where, I guess, we are also a theatrical shock-rock band, we wouldn't have been here had it not been for Alice Cooper." Forge recently confirmed to Ireland's Overdrive that he is planning on entering the studio in early 2020 to begin work on the follow-up to 2018's "Prequelle" album. GHOST is spending the bulk of its summer as special guest on METALLICA's four-leg "WorldWired" European stadium tour. Leg one saw GHOST playing to more than a quarter-million fans; leg two kicked off on June 8, and legs three and four are taking place in July and August. GHOST will perform at Heavy Montreal on July 27, and then kick off its North American "Ultimate Tour Named Death" headline arena tour on September 13. "Prequelle" debuted in June 2018 at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart. It has yielded the chart-topping "Rats" and "Dance Macabre", a well as the new single "Faith".

Continue reading...