Gift ideas: 50th wedding anniversary

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
So...it's my parents' 50th wedding anniversary this month and my sister and I have no idea what to get for them. We are taking them to Benihana with the immediate family this Saturday for the "official" celebration dinner, but we're lacking for other gift ideas. My father has had some health issues recently, so vacation trips that involve airlines are out of the question. They didn't want a big party with their friends, so that's out as well. Any cool suggestions would be welcome.

Wow, congrats to your parents ~ that's absolutely wonderful!

I suggest checking out Things Remembered ~ they have timeless gifts that can be personalized for their golden anniversary.

~ Jen

Why not a collage of pictures of your parents together, throughout the 50 years of their marriage? If either of you is artistically-inclined, I think it would make a lovely tribute to their long marriage. :)

Wow, congrats to your parents ~ that's absolutely wonderful!

I suggest checking out Things Remembered ~ they have timeless gifts that can be personalized for their golden anniversary.

~ Jen

Thanks....that's a good idea, but they have so many keepsake type things around the house. Might find something there, though...!

There's some really cool stuff in those links....Awesome!

Why not a collage of pictures of your parents together, throughout the 50 years of their marriage? If either of you is artistically-inclined, I think it would make a lovely tribute to their long marriage. :)

Yes, this is something we've considered, and might eventually do something similar. Just wanted to consider something....easier. Thanks!

Cool idea!

Or how about having their wedding picture re-PAINTED by an artist? I'm sure there are plenty of art-schools around where the students would love to take on a job like that for pretty cheap money.