[GIG] Hämeenlinna, Vanaja-Sali 17.01.2008 -SOLD OUT!!

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
Seeing as we're nearing the end of this year and topic only posted yesterday, don't you mean 2009?

And pfftt! I'd go but its bloody cold enough in England, screw the Finnish winter!
*Doesn't mean I wouldn't like too*

hahaha, finnish winter means snow, so that would be a reason for me to go aswell^^ XD

Edit:

HUOM!! Lisää lippuja istumakatsomosta vapautettu myyntiin 15.01. Varaanopeasti Lippupalvelusta tai Verkatehtaan lipunmyynnistä (ma – pe 11 –19, la 11 – 16) numerosta 0600 1 6060 (0,50 € / min. + pvm.)

ATTN!! More tickets from the seated area released. Book yours from Lippupalvelu or Verkatehdas ticket booth (mon – fri 11 –19, sat 11 – 16), phone no. 0600 1 6060 (0,50 € / min. + applicable charges.)

-------

Turisaan keikka La 17.01. Hämeenlinnan Verkatehtaan Vanaja-salissa on loppuunmyyty. Peruutuspaikkoja voi kysellä Verkatehtaan lipunmyynnistä (ma – pe 11 – 19, la 11 – 16) numerosta 0600 1 6060 (0,50 € / min. + pvm.)

Turisas' hometown headliner show Sat 17.01. Verkatehdas, Hämeenlinna is sold out. You can check for cancellations at Verkatehdas ticket sales (mon-fri 11-19, sat 11-16) phone: 0600 1 6060 (0,50 € / min.+ local/mobile charge)

This gig was one of the best and most entertaining metal shows I've ever seen. Thanks Turisas (not least for releasing the seated area tickets - we already thought we'd miss the gig)!

setlist? pictures? something amusing/funny/interesting to tell?

*curious*

Setlist:

As Torches Rise
Portage
Holmgard
Cursed Be Iron
One More
Jarisleif
Five Hundred and One
Dnieper Rapids
Miklagard
- - -
Rex Regi Rebellis
Sahti-Waari
Rasputin
Battle Metal

It was quite weird to watch a heavy metal gig from a seated balcony, but we got about the best places possible: first row, right in the middle. So we saw the whole stage and everything the band did. Also being able to observe the audience on the floor going nuts was great and it really added to the atmosphere. During Sahti-Waari the audience did two Walls of Death. :headbang: Nygård was talky as hell. Mostly fun, of course.

and olli´s solo?
but I´d so want to see Sahti-Waari again, live...

I could NEVER watch such a concert on a seated balcony, it´d feel sooo wrong :S

I was on the balcony at Leeds... although it was the standing VIP balcony so rather different, was good to watch it from above, and watch the crowd, not something I'd do again though (unless they play leeds uni again, which hopefully won't happen, worst venue in leeds!) but was good as a one off experience.

In less than two weeks though I shall be seeing them in Paris!!!

I could NEVER watch such a concert on a seated balcony, it´d feel sooo wrong :S
Well, it was either the seated balcony or no gig at all for us. Which one would you have chosen? It was our only option, since the floor was already sold out when we came back from Vietnam some days before the gig. Luckily they decided to sell the balcony seats as well eventually (I had the impression they were not on sale at all at first). And for old farts like us it didn't hurt at all to have seats on probably the best spot of the balcony. And as mentioned, having that kind of a viewpoint to the stage and the crew was something different for a change.

One downside of the gig was that this time they didn't have the dancers in their furry bikinis.:cry:

Sweetly meodious tones? Doesn't sound like you full stop. :p

I'dve said more along the lines of a slight Welsh lilt accompanied by your own ever-present brand of deadpan sarcasm. When you're awake that is. We won't go into the racket you're capable of when asleep!

I was thinking more of the unholy racket of the Chainsaw Symphony Orchestra.

Could wake the dead that could. It certainly woke my father up once, and that's an achievement in itself.