[GIG] Hämeenlinna, Vanaja-Sali 17.01.2008 -SOLD OUT!!

Well, it was either the seated balcony or no gig at all for us. Which one would you have chosen? It was our only option, since the floor was already sold out when we came back from Vietnam some days before the gig. Luckily they decided to sell the balcony seats as well eventually (I had the impression they were not on sale at all at first). And for old farts like us it didn't hurt at all to have seats on probably the best spot of the balcony. And as mentioned, having that kind of a viewpoint to the stage and the crew was something different for a change.

One downside of the gig was that this time they didn't have the dancers in their furry bikinis.:cry:

haha, okay, better that than nothing, though I wonder if I´d have done that - because sitting there would be pain in the arse, maybe worse than not going *laughing* I have a strange attitude when it comes to that, no worries, I know that ;)

dancers?
*feels stupid*

dancers?
*feels stupid*
Turisas sometimes has dancers on stage. I took this photo April 13th, 2005:

6e7ee8c2-306c-4394-b1c2-0e6f52fdfb31.jpg

Oops, it turns out to be quite large area photo. Well, moderate it away if it goes against the forum rules. I seem to have couple more not-so-good-quality pictures from the same gig.

probably only put the link ;)

okay, i am happy I never saw those dancers, always wonder why bands/musicians need that :S

Probably for the same reason they have pyrotechnics, lights, posters, snow effects and whatnot: The Show.

Last summer in their Hämeenlinna show (Wanaja-Festival) the idea of having dancers worked quite well especially In the Court of Jarisleif, where the dancers first had kinda orient/slavic style veils, which they dropped transforming into furious furry viking bitches.:headbang:

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea. My wife hates the strobes, it can cause her severe migraine attack. Some people can even get epileptic from strobes. Yet many bands use them as an effect and apparently many people in the audience love it, so each one of us has to deal with something which serves the show in some non-music-related way. Luckily Turisas has very courtly light show considering the light-sensitive minority of the audience.

ah, the article of KindredSpirit..nice :)

well, I always have the problem, I realize I still write sometimes 2008, so...XD